Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety issues

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pi_981, Mar 14, 2023.

1. pi_981 Win User

Microsoft Family Safety issues

The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and Accounts and attempt to add a new account. Click Google, scroll down to Help, click it, now go to the Google Apps icon, and click Search. You now have access to unrestricted web browsing with Internet Explorer.MS Edge WebView exploit #1: Go to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\EdgeWebView\Application\[Any Version Numbe

:)

pi_981, Mar 14, 2023

2. Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 14, 2023
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with filtering websites in Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Family Safety settings.

2. Web filtering is not setup correctly.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 14, 2023
  4. Microsoft Family Safety issues

Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 14, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety issues

1. Microsoft Family Safety issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Family Safety issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety issue

Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Anyone have a Idea To Leave My Member?If You Know,? So Answer Right Now Or Think And Answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety/e7b5b14e-ee31-4ca2-8bbd-b192031081f7
  10. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Hello, I just purchased a new laptop; it's been eight years since I upgraded. So, I am new to the Microsoft Family safety option included on my new laptop.Folowing setup, I spent a good portion of yesterday evening trying to uninstall this feature. I ended up inviting myself...