Windows 10: Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

Discus and support Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had a problem with my laptop. My children can log in and no family safety limits apply. The device does not show up in my list of devices on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DanAllenTech, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

I had a problem with my laptop. My children can log in and no family safety limits apply. The device does not show up in my list of devices on Microsoft Family. Not sure what the fix for this is supposed to be. Pretty frustrating and embarrassing that a child can login to a Microsoft account not a local account that is part of a family and not have the family safety limits apply.Here is what I did to fix the problem after trying all sorts of other things.Failed attempts:1. Check for updates--already up to date 2. Restart PC3. Block family members from being able to login from account setting

:)

DanAllenTech, Dec 7, 2021
  2. jwmarrott Win User

Family Safety still shows deleted device

I removed a device that my kids used that was managed by Family Safety. Now for each child I have an error in Family Safety: "Update your family member's Windows 10 device to get family features to work."

I cannot Update as instructed. I cannot remove the device further than I have. The device is only listed in this error. Even logging into my children's accounts does not show the device listed, but it does show the error.

I have tried different browsers and computers to see if anything was cached. It has been over a week since it was deleted and about a month since the system was turned off. What's next?

jwmarrott, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

1. Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up - Similar Threads - Microsoft family safety

2. Why doesn't family safety work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  3. Why doesn't family safety work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't family safety work?: Good evening! My problem would be that the parental safety system simply does not work. Neither from a phone nor from a computer. I want to leave the family safety family group, because in 2 months I will only be 18 years old and there are things that Microsoft does not...
  4. Why doesn't family safety work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Signing into a family safety enabled user doesn't register the device in Family Safety app.

Signing into a family safety enabled user doesn't register the device in Family Safety app.: When I log into my child's microsoft account directly though, it shows that the device has been logged into but there is no access to limit any usage on that device through MS Family Saftey app. I've tried with two different users and still the same. I've tried rebooting,...
  6. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account: Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my...
  7. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account: Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my...
  8. Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up: I had a problem with my laptop. My children can log in and not family safety limits apply. The device does not show up in my list of devices on Microsoft Family. Not sure what the fix for this is supposed to be. Pretty frustrating and embarrassing that a child can login to a...
  9. Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up

Microsoft family safety not working -- device doesn't show up: I had a problem with my laptop. My children can log in and not family safety limits apply. The device does not show up in my list of devices on Microsoft Family. Not sure what the fix for this is supposed to be. Pretty frustrating and embarrassing that a child can login to a...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....: So, I don't know if it's something my teenager has done to undermine my controls, but for the life of me I cannot seem to get the Microsoft Family Safety to engage with my son's laptop. I've verified everything, it shows his device, it shows all the restriction settings...