Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I set up two local accounts on my sons PC, a local one for him to use for school work, and a MS account for personal stuff. The MS account he uses to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JD_NZ, Oct 4, 2021.

1. JD_NZ Win User

Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts

I set up two local accounts on my sons PC, a local one for him to use for school work, and a MS account for personal stuff. The MS account he uses to log in is part of my Family, so I can set screen & app time limits etc. This seems to work as expected, but my son has noticed that when his screen time has run out, even when he logs into his local i.e. school account, this is blocked too i.e. it comes up with a Window saying he is out of time and to request parent or more time.Why is this happening on a local account? How does MS even know about this account and have control of it? It beg

:)

JD_NZ, Oct 4, 2021
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 4, 2021
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts

Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts

1. Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  3. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Screen time page not loading

Microsoft Family Safety Screen time page not loading: The page , where I can set time limits for my kid, is not loading, and after a few minutes it shows ice cream images and says "Something is wrong on our end. Wait a bit then try here again." Well- I have been trying for 5 hours. I blocked him earlier and now can not access...
  5. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  6. Family Safety Screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  7. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts

Microsoft Family Safety screen time affecting other PC accounts: I set up two local accounts on my sons PC, a local one for him to use for school work, and a MS account for personal stuff. The MS account he uses to log in is part of my Family, so I can set screen & app time limits etc. This seems to work as expected, but my son has noticed...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...