Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety : Setting per web site time limits

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety : Setting per web site time limits in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have setup family safety for my kid's laptop. I am able to block and allow websites and setup time for an app like Edge browser but what I am really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xendit, Sep 7, 2020.

1. /u/xendit Win User

Microsoft Family Safety : Setting per web site time limits

I have setup family safety for my kid's laptop. I am able to block and allow websites and setup time for an app like Edge browser but what I am really looking for is a way to restrict the amount spent on specific web sites. Screen time in iOS supports setting a time limit for sites and I hope Microsoft add this too.

Are there any other ways to accomplish this?

submitted by /u/xendit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xendit, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Sep 7, 2020
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Safety : Setting per web site time limits - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app: I've put up limits on family safety years ago. Suddenly it stopped tracking. Now app is not locked after set limit and on app I can only see time used but doesn't show on what app....
  3. Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app: I've put up limits on family safety years ago. Suddenly it stopped tracking. Now app is not locked after set limit and on app I can only see time used but doesn't show on what app....
  4. Family safety not limiting apps or showing time used per app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Safety time limit not enforced

Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  6. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  7. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  8. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  9. Setting Family Safety time limit suddenly not working

Setting Family Safety time limit suddenly not working: In the past few days, I have had a problem changing the time limit for devices. I use this feature a lot, so I'm fairly familiar with it. I have had no problems with this before so something changed recently.When I go to modify the slider for the time, and click Done, the...
  10. Family Safety Time Limit Emails

Family Safety Time Limit Emails: I would like to know if it’s possible to not be sent an email when my kids are requesting additional screen time? We have the app downloaded on our phones and we always approve or deny the request of the app. We don’t want our inbox being clogged with redundant emails. Is it...