Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by samc14, May 4, 2022.

1. samc14 Win User

Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain sites.

:)

samc14, May 4, 2022

2. Family Safety web site unresponsive. Down

Hi Tom Haws,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, It might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Do let you if your issue is resolved. For another query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 4, 2022
  3. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 4, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Family Safety Windows 10 Adult filtering restricts to allowed site list only

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community, we’re here to help you with this issue.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

Are you managing the Family safety settings through the Family safety website or through the control panel?

If you are using the website, what level of web filtering restrictions did you apply?

If the web filtering restriction level is set to ‘Warn on adult’, it will allow all websites but only shows a warning when an adult website is visited. I would suggest you to set the web filtering level to either ‘Online communication’
    or ‘General interest’ or ‘Designed for Children’ filters which will block all adult website. Refer to these steps:

a) Log into the Family safety website (https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ ).

b) Click on the child account and click on ‘Web filtering’ in the left pane.

c) Click on “restriction level’ and choose the appropriate filter.

If you are managing Family safety through control panel, then follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, set the search filter to settings.

b) Type ‘Family safety’ and click on the Family safety tile.

c) Click on the child account and then click on the ‘Set web filtering’.

d) Choose the appropriate filter.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps given under the section
    Set limits on the websites your child can visit of the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/set-child-limits

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Tenforo, May 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group: Dear,I want to delete a family member because she's older now and/or leave the family group, but neither of these options seem to work:Although I'm the adult organiser, I can't delete "FLEUR" from the family group the GSM she used at that time is no longer in use:And ... I...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group: Dear,I want to delete a family member because she's older now and/or leave the family group, but neither of these options seem to work:Although I'm the adult organiser, I can't delete "FLEUR" from the family group the GSM she used at that time is no longer in use:And ... I...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

7. Family Safety Effects Not Disappearing After Leaving Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Effects Not Disappearing After Leaving Family: I left the Microsoft Family I was a part of a few days ago, I confirmed this with the organizer and my account shows that I am not a part of any family group now, and I do not show up in the family group and thus the organizer cannot fix these problems.However the...
  8. Family Safety Effects Not Disappearing After Leaving Family

Family Safety Effects Not Disappearing After Leaving Family: I left the Microsoft Family I was a part of a few days ago, I confirmed this with the organizer and my account shows that I am not a part of any family group now, and I do not show up in the family group and thus the organizer cannot fix these problems.However the...
  9. Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family

Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family: Hi, so I setup 2 Microsoft family accounts a few days ago, one as an organizer and one as a member using the account that I use for my pc set as the "child" member. After that I setup a time limit so the child member could only be online between 03:00 and 19:30. And to give...
  10. RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY

RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY: Im over 18 so don't ask me if its my birth date and I already left the family months ago still have the restrictions and my birthdate is updated 2000 so yes it says im old enough why am I still getting restrictions...