Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, We use to have our kids on a schedule where their device usage was restricted for school and we'd approve time when we felt it was right. Now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chesterbren, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

Hi,

We use to have our kids on a schedule where their device usage was restricted for school and we'd approve time when we felt it was right. Now that summer is here we opened it up to allow them to use devices during the day but we are still left with having to approve them. The schedule is setup to allow them to use devices all day and only turning off just before bedtime. Their time still seems to expire on them during the day and we have to approve again. Why is that? It's pretty frustrating for them and us.

Thanks

:)

Chesterbren, Jun 27, 2020

2. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
  4. spillerbd Win User

Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

Request from Family Safety not working, Windows Phone

A request to make a purchase is made on my son's phone. He is notified family safety will not allow him to make the purchase. However I receive no notification that a request has been made.

For an approved purchase this creates additional steps that are unexpected and supposedly unnecessary.

Why am I not notified of the request?

Why cannot I approve the purchase from the Family Safety Site?

spillerbd, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

1. Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.: Hey whenever I use my windows 11 computer it uses screen time that my parents set up. Unfortunately no matter how much time I use it will always say I haven’t used any time. Even though the computer will shut off after the time limit finishes. Can I have help fixing this....
  3. Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.: Hey whenever I use my windows 11 computer it uses screen time that my parents set up. Unfortunately no matter how much time I use it will always say I haven’t used any time. Even though the computer will shut off after the time limit finishes. Can I have help fixing this....
  4. Family Safety Approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Approval: So, sometimes my parents are away from home or something when I ask for permission for something. How exactly do I know whether or not they have approved my request, because for as long as I have been subjected to MFS, I have never seen a notification telling me my request...
  5. Family Safety Approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Approval: So, sometimes my parents are away from home or something when I ask for permission for something. How exactly do I know whether or not they have approved my request, because for as long as I have been subjected to MFS, I have never seen a notification telling me my request...
  6. Family Safety Approval

7. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working: I have added Microsoft Family Features to my 9 year old son's new computer to monitor and track his usage. We can't get it to allow him to use the 'Minecraft Launcher' App.When he clicks to open the app, he gets the following screen:I as the parent get two notifications. One...
  8. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working: I have added Microsoft Family Features to my 9 year old son's new computer to monitor and track his usage. We can't get it to allow him to use the 'Minecraft Launcher' App.When he clicks to open the app, he gets the following screen:I as the parent get two notifications. One...
  9. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

10. Admin, not parent ,approving time in MS Family Safety

Admin, not parent ,approving time in MS Family Safety: Hello, My teenage son is an admin on his laptop, but he is not a parent or organiser in MS Family Safety. My littlest boy 10yr has discovered that his older brother can approve additional time on his older brother's laptop because he is an admin on the machine. He eventually...