Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, We use to have our kids on a schedule where their device usage was restricted for school and we'd approve time when we felt it was right. Now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chesterbren, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

Hi,

We use to have our kids on a schedule where their device usage was restricted for school and we'd approve time when we felt it was right. Now that summer is here we opened it up to allow them to use devices during the day but we are still left with having to approve them. The schedule is setup to allow them to use devices all day and only turning off just before bedtime. Their time still seems to expire on them during the day and we have to approve again. Why is that? It's pretty frustrating for them and us.

Thanks

:)

Chesterbren, Jun 27, 2020

2. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
  4. spillerbd Win User

Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

Request from Family Safety not working, Windows Phone

A request to make a purchase is made on my son's phone. He is notified family safety will not allow him to make the purchase. However I receive no notification that a request has been made.

For an approved purchase this creates additional steps that are unexpected and supposedly unnecessary.

Why am I not notified of the request?

Why cannot I approve the purchase from the Family Safety Site?

spillerbd, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time?

1. Microsoft Family Safety - why do I have to keep approving time? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...
  3. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...
  4. How do I unblock multiple websites in Family Safety

How do I unblock multiple websites in Family Safety: I can unblock websites one by one but my kids school sends out a list of sites that my child needs to use for a project. How can i unblock them all in one go ?...
  5. Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass

Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass: My kid is managed to disable icon FamilySafety by using some system explorer, and he should be in bed by 9pm, and I see him at 9:30 hardly playing?? Is this Family safety any good?...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack: there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click on Time Restrictions...
  7. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  8. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...
  9. Family Safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety: I logged on to a friend's Xbox account using my own Microsoft account. Without realizing it, I opted into his Family Safety as a child. Now my work computer (using same Microsoft account) is limited by his account. How do I remove myself from his account without parental...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...