Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety Windows 10 not allowing access to certain websites even it is...

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety Windows 10 not allowing access to certain websites even it is... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there,I have been using Microsoft Family Safety feature to have some control on the websites my children access on the internet and it is strange... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kim 2021, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Kim 2021 Win User

Microsoft Family Safety Windows 10 not allowing access to certain websites even it is...

Hi there,I have been using Microsoft Family Safety feature to have some control on the websites my children access on the internet and it is strange that even I have allowed certain website for example: microsoft teams my child is still not able to access microsoft teams to view assignments that were given by the school. Below are the websites that I have included in the allowed sites on family safety. The long link that starts with 'auc-word-editofficeapps.live.com*' was the link that was sent to me to ask for permission to allow the access but even after I have approved it, my child was st

:)

Kim 2021, Jul 13, 2021

2. family safety

I activated family safety on my windows 8 computer, and set up several users with time restrictions, and allow lists for certain websites. upon testing it I am able to access sites that are not on the allow list. any ideas how to make this work?

TzviLiberman, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Samy2015 Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety Website Blocking

Hello,

I have the same question as
    Dkatz1

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on the 29/07/2015.

Having spent several hours trying to restrict access to websites, games and apps for a newly created child's account, my observation is that the current version of Windows 10 only allows a parent to specify Allowed and Blocked websites. However, it is not
    possible to set it up so that only websites specified in the Allowed list are accessible.

Likewise the available children setting for apps and games is rather odd. The child setting for my 5 year old would allow her to "download and purchase apps and games" that are deemed appropriate for her age. This is something I definitely would not like
    my child to be able to do.

Am I missing something here?

Regards

Sam

Samy2015, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Microsoft Family Safety Windows 10 not allowing access to certain websites even it is...

Unable to filter the entire website under Family Safety

Hi Raj,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter inappropriate apps and games

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Safety Windows 10 not allowing access to certain websites even it is... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Family Safety - Allowed Websites, wildcards in URLs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - Allowed Websites, wildcards in URLs: I have blocked google search in my kids profile. With online schooling there are lot of URLs that teachers are sharing which starts with google.com, but actually redirect to separate site. The Url changes by class, but follows same pattern e.g....
  3. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety: Hello Everyone, Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS Family Safety after clicking "allow" is that the page gets refreshed with the same two options allow/deny? She wants to install...
  4. Issue with Family Safety allowed website URL address

Issue with Family Safety allowed website URL address: Something seems to be suddenly broken with the way family safety makes the url link for always allowed website that parent adds manually or through automatic approval when child sends "ask for permission" request. When the request is approved and I see the new website is...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites: Hi, When I enter in websites to block on my son's profile, these sites are not being blocked, per the browser history. What am I doing wrong? Here is a screenshot of the web browsing portion of the Microsoft Family Safety settings. [ATTACH]...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly

Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly: We use Microsoft Family Safety settings for our son. Recently we noticed that some of the websites we thought were blocked are accessible when he is logged in to his account. Previously the block was working. When I go to visit his activity, the most recent date I can see...
  7. Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https

Microsoft Family Allowed websites can't allow https: I have a child account set to only allow the listed websites I enter HTTPS://mail.yahoo.com/ and add the site however when I refresh HTTP://mail.yahoo.com is allowed, not the secure HTTPS which is what is used. The same occurs with every https site I have tried and does...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...
  9. Microsoft Family - allowing wildcard access to websites

Microsoft Family - allowing wildcard access to websites: Hi I am finding Microsoft Family useful but I feel there is one significant improvement that could be made to the mechanism whereby access to specific websites is granted. If my child wishes to access different subdomains on the same website, I have to add each one...
  10. Windows 10 Family Safety Works EXCEPT website access

Windows 10 Family Safety Works EXCEPT website access: Cannot block, approve or add acceptable websites get this error message Family Safety Something went wrong - try again in a little while EDGE browser...