Windows 10: Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound

Discus and support Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, When the screen is locked for bedtime windows10, microsoft family, screentime programs are still running and the sound is on, just the screen is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AnnaQF, Jan 7, 2020.

1. AnnaQF Win User

Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound

Hi,

When the screen is locked for bedtime windows10, microsoft family, screentime programs are still running and the sound is on, just the screen is locked. Is it possible to lock also the sound?

:)

AnnaQF, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 7, 2020
  3. RonBDot Win User
    MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen
    is locked.

RonBDot, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound

1. Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound - Similar Threads - Microsoft family screen

2. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  3. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  4. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family - Media playing in lock screen

Microsoft Family - Media playing in lock screen: Hi, We have set up time restrictions for our kids using Microsoft Family. However, they have discovered that they can keep watching YouTube videos from the lock screen even if their time has expired. Is there a way to disable this "feature"? Thanks. Carlos...
  6. Notification sounds in lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification sounds in lock screen: As the title says I would like certain apps to play sounds on the lock screen like on andriod, I have been trying to figure out how, i can get it to display the notification on the lock screen but it doesn't play any sound. More Information #1 The specific app is telegram....
  7. Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time

Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time: If the computer is locked, my child isn't using it, and it shouldn't count as screen time. He's very young and often forgets to log off. If he locks the screen and wakes up in the morning, his time is already used up for the day....
  8. Sounds from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds from Lock Screen: For two months my computer has been playing the Windows Hardware disconnect.wav frequently in screensaver & lockscreen mode. I disconnected all my USB devices except the hubs, but it continues. Any help out there?...
  9. MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen: On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen is locked....
  10. Microsoft Family Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen Time: My child keeps getting time restriction messages on their computer. I have removed all restrictions and it will not update. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? The "Device Limits" are completely off. There aren't any "Content Restrictions" set. I use Netnanny for...