Windows 10: microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account

Discus and support microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when I try to send an invite to another account I get an error stating there was an error on their side, not mine. this happens every time I try it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdrianPrelle, Jan 4, 2022.

1. microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account

when I try to send an invite to another account I get an error stating there was an error on their side, not mine. this happens every time I try it. it's while trying to create a new family

:)

AdrianPrelle, Jan 4, 2022

2. Microsoft Account Invitation Email Not Received so Account Still Pending.

Hi Aldo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Can you share few information regarding the issue?

Does both the members log in using their emails?

Are you referring to the invitation to join in Family Safety?

Are you trying to invite the users in family safety, if yes then you need to remove the users who are not receiving the invitation and then re-create the users in the family safety online page.

Go to https://account.microsoft.com/family#/

• Check the user which says invitation has been sent.

• Click on remove link.

• Select the user with the invitation has been sent message.

• Click the add link where you enter the users email address.

I suggest you to follow this steps if you are talking about email invitation about family safety.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 5, 2022
  3. Family accounts invitation never rec'd

Hello Community.

New Windows 10 under for new laptop.

Setting up 2 under 13 family members for use under a family account. They each have outlook.com email addresses from the Xbox. So invitation was sent, but never rec'd in their accounts. Yet I can't 'add' them to the family because they haven't acknowledged/rec'd
    the invitation, but there's no way to re-send it.

Any suggestions? I'm afraid to delete/re-create their accounts because it will likely say "account already exists."

Thanks.

Bob Windows10 n00b, Jan 5, 2022
  4. microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account

Windows 10 - Attempting to accept family invite for child account

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that when you try send an invitation to a child account, you are receiving the notification that the account is already part of another family.

Please refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Sign into http://familysafety.microsoft.com with that Microsoft account.
    • Click the Manage my family link at the bottom of the summary page.
    • Select the affected user under Family Members and click
      Remove family member at the top left of the screen.
    • At this point you should be able to add that family member to the correct (new) family.
    For more reference, follow the below link.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 5, 2022
Thema:

microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account

1. microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account - Similar Threads - microsoft family security

2. Getting error when trying to send invite to add my kid to family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error when trying to send invite to add my kid to family safety: Hi,My kid accidently left the family safety and then sent the invite. When kid tried to accept the invite on Saturday, kept getting errorUnusual Activity detected. Please try after sometime. TraceID: xxxTried from a different laptop and also from phone app and still got the...
  3. Getting error when trying to send invite to add my kid to family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting error when trying to send invite to add my kid to family safety: Hi,My kid accidently left the family safety and then sent the invite. When kid tried to accept the invite on Saturday, kept getting errorUnusual Activity detected. Please try after sometime. TraceID: xxxTried from a different laptop and also from phone app and still got the...
  4. microsoft family invite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family invite: I keep trying to invite my daughter to join the family. After entering her email I keep getting the following message:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: vbGCCR14lk2WO9Lh.22.115I received this message last night, so I waited til the...
  5. microsoft family invite

microsoft family invite: I keep trying to invite my daughter to join the family. After entering her email I keep getting the following message:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: vbGCCR14lk2WO9Lh.22.115I received this message last night, so I waited til the...
  6. microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account: when I try to send an invite to another account I get an error stating there was an error on their side, not mine. this happens every time I try it. it's while trying to create a new family...
  7. microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account

microsoft family security: error when trying to send invite to another account: when I try to send an invite to another account I get an error stating there was an error on their side, not mine. this happens every time I try it. it's while trying to create a new family...
  8. Microsoft Family Invite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Invite: I received an invite for Microsoft Family Safety and it says it came from someone that has been stalking me. Is there a way to find the IP address of the person that sent the invite?...
  9. I get an error when trying to accept an invite to a family

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get an error when trying to accept an invite to a family: What do I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-when-trying-to-accept-an-invite-to/c94f729e-3052-4e74-b99c-559f901baab6"
  10. Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation: I'm trying to add my child to my account. I've successfully added one child, but can't add another. My husband is also using the family account, but he's not appearing on my list of family members. I've tried looking at other forums, but nothing is resolving this problem....