Windows 10: Microsoft Family sends notifications about time limit but I didn’t set it

Discus and support Microsoft Family sends notifications about time limit but I didn’t set it in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My question is about Microsoft Family. The problem is in the following: I didn’t set a time limit for my child but he gets notifications that the time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EnaFuqua, May 26, 2020.

1. EnaFuqua Win User

Microsoft Family sends notifications about time limit but I didn’t set it

My question is about Microsoft Family. The problem is in the following: I didn’t set a time limit for my child but he gets notifications that the time is going to be up. I checked my account but the time limit is off.

:)

EnaFuqua, May 26, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 26, 2020
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, May 26, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family sends notifications about time limit but I didn’t set it

Setting time limits using Family Safety on Windows 10

Hi Sterr,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern over setting limits on using browser on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

If you had previously set up family features for a child account and then upgraded to Windows 10 , there are a few steps you need to take to turn on family settings again.

I suggest you to go through the below article and follow the steps given.

Set the right limits for your child

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family sends notifications about time limit but I didn’t set it

1. Microsoft Family sends notifications about time limit but I didn’t set it - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family sends

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.: Microsoft Family is saying my son is has used his computer for 5 hours today although I have set the limit for today as 3 hours. It shows how long he has been using it so apparently it is tracking his use on the computer. Why is it not enforcing the time limit?...
  4. Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.: Microsoft Family is saying my son is has used his computer for 5 hours today although I have set the limit for today as 3 hours. It shows how long he has been using it so apparently it is tracking his use on the computer. Why is it not enforcing the time limit?...
  5. Microsoft Family enforcing time limit schedule I did not set...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family enforcing time limit schedule I did not set...: My Microsoft Family time limits are set on a schedule. For example, my kid can access the computer from 7am - 4pm on Mondays. Each day is different depending on school and extracurricular requirements. We have had this setup for a year now. Starting two weeks ago...
  6. Microsoft Family Time Limit not working

Microsoft Family Time Limit not working: Hi there, My 11 year old son's microsoft profile account is connected to our family account so I can control how much screen time he gets etc. I have limited him to be on his computer until 7.30pm in the evenings. However, tonight, when I went up to check on him at...
  7. Way around Microsoft Family Setting time limits

Way around Microsoft Family Setting time limits: Hi, My 11 yo son saved his allowance, birthday presents, etc. for months and months and used it to buy a new desktop computer to play games on, rather than on my old laptop. We mostly I built it from components and I set up his Microsoft account on it as an admin....
  8. microsoft family group time limits

microsoft family group time limits: i removed myself from our microsoft family group a few weeks ago, and yet i still have time limits active on my account - i had read that accounts not in a family group should not be affected by the time limits set in that family group so you can understand my confusion...
  9. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....