Windows 10: Microsoft family set up a fake age.

Discus and support Microsoft family set up a fake age. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings, My father has been using Microsoft family lately monitoring everything he made a new account which goes under the age of 13 although im 14... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FarhadFarajpour, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Microsoft family set up a fake age.

Greetings, My father has been using Microsoft family lately monitoring everything he made a new account which goes under the age of 13 although im 14 close to 15, Is my dad allowed to use all of the features on microsoft family especially monitoring everything, I need to know.

:)

FarhadFarajpour, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft family set up a fake age.

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft family set up a fake age.

1. Microsoft family set up a fake age. - Similar Threads - Microsoft family set

2. Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up: I had a call yesterday with Microsoft support Case 105367153 trying to change the age of a family member because i had set up the details incorrectly - There is only myself -an adult that uses the account but because i sign in with the email address that has the age set a one...
  3. Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up: I had a call yesterday with Microsoft support Case 105367153 trying to change the age of a family member because i had set up the details incorrectly - There is only myself -an adult that uses the account but because i sign in with the email address that has the age set a one...
  4. Changing age of Family member due to incorrect set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft family settings

microsoft family settings: so when my pc got locked bc of family settings and when my mum is with me i click more time and then pc say since you are an administrator on this device you will need to send request for more time but im not admin...
  6. microsoft family settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family settings: so when my pc got locked bc of family settings and when my mum is with me i click more time and then pc say since you are an administrator on this device you will need to send request for more time but im not admin...
  7. Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?: I set up a Microsoft account in my name and purchased Minecraft for my son. I used his age on the Microsoft account in error and now can’t change it as it thinks I’m not an adult. How on earth do I get it changed to the correct age?If I delete the account then he can’t access...
  8. Set up Microsoft family activity report

Set up Microsoft family activity report: I have heard about weekly reports for family activity but do not receive them in my email account. Furthermore, when you watch the 35 second video that is supposed to tell you how to "set them up", it simply says "Go to the app to research usage!". That's not a report....
  9. family set up

family set up: I am trying to set up my family's 3 computers. I just finished setting up my first computer and all my files from my home computer are now showing up on my daughter's new laptop. This is after I set up it up so that she signs in the computer as a local user. I'm confused...
  10. Family Account Adult Age

Family Account Adult Age: Hello, I just read a question which stated that anyone over the age of 18 is considered an Adult Account. I am 18 and I have child restrictions on my account. My birthday is set to the correct day/month/year. How can I change my account to an Adult account?...