Windows 10: Microsoft Family Settings Issue!

Discus and support Microsoft Family Settings Issue! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try to open an app that is blocked by family settings, instead of coming up where I ask the parent for permission, it comes up [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MSHelpDesk, May 3, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family Settings Issue!

When I try to open an app that is blocked by family settings, instead of coming up where I ask the parent for permission, it comes up

Microsoft Family Settings Issue! 46542ca6-4432-4929-be13-b2f13a0987c4?upload=true.png

It used to come up where I could ask for perrmison but now I cannot.

If you need me to elaborate I would be happy to

Your Fellow Advisor

AW2K

:)

MSHelpDesk, May 3, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 3, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft Family Features issues...

Hello
    MaverickRobot4670,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, May 3, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Settings Issue!

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family Settings Issue!

1. Microsoft Family Settings Issue! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Settings

2. Microsoft family issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family issues: My daughter got signed out of her Microsoft account on her Windows 10 device. Since its parental managed, she needed to sign back in to be able to use the family features like requesting for more time. When trying to sign in, it needed the parents consent and hence requesting...
  3. Microsoft family issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family issues: My daughter got signed out of her Microsoft account on her Windows 10 device. Since its parental managed, she needed to sign back in to be able to use the family features like requesting for more time. When trying to sign in, it needed the parents consent and hence requesting...
  4. microsoft family settings

microsoft family settings: so when my pc got locked bc of family settings and when my mum is with me i click more time and then pc say since you are an administrator on this device you will need to send request for more time but im not admin...
  5. microsoft family settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family settings: so when my pc got locked bc of family settings and when my mum is with me i click more time and then pc say since you are an administrator on this device you will need to send request for more time but im not admin...
  6. microsoft family settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. microsoft family issue

microsoft family issue: i cant add my brother to my family it says It's not you, it's usSomething went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-issue/4310a94b-0474-411d-a324-de5c4ac97386
  8. Microsoft Family Settings

Microsoft Family Settings: I am about to bypass all family settings because I am getting tired of them not working. MY problem is constantly asking for permission that I have ALREADY granted for a website. I have a computer that I restricted access to websites, but want to allow a few for their...
  9. Microsoft Family settings

Microsoft Family settings: Good day, My family members are not allowed to use Chrome & Mozilla browsers. I login as administrator, however, specific restrictions cannot be removed there is a try again message. Awaiting yours...
  10. Microsoft family settings

Microsoft family settings: Hello. What does this mean? I am the administrator in the family and this came up recently. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-settings/af824d34-57a0-47e2-baec-466e7c6b8e99"