Windows 10: Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working

Discus and support Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is it possible to set up the family members using gmail accounts instead of Microsoft accounts? I was able to do one child via the xbox but now that I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cfizz34, Jul 2, 2019.

1. cfizz34 Win User

Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working

Is it possible to set up the family members using gmail accounts instead of Microsoft accounts? I was able to do one child via the xbox but now that I am on a computer it will not allow this for the other children. I do not want to set up Microsoft accounts for the other children at this time.

:)

cfizz34, Jul 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family Safety Setup Not Adding A New Device to Child Account

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if child account is not setup correctly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "It brings me to the family safety website alright, but it will not add the computer to the child account", are you referring of adding the device as trusted for the child account in the family safety?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Family safety and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Microsoft family safety settings is not working with one child account.

Original Title[Microsoft Family problem]

Hi,

I have 4 kids accounts in my family. One of them is not working with the family safety setting (the time restriction is not working).

The account was added as child, the kid accepted the invitation and is listed as a child in my Microsoft account.

The kid account is 'standard' and still it does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

KeterSharon, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working

Windows 10 Family Safety Setup Not Adding A New Device to Child Account

The link you provided is the general microsoft family help page. There are no articles about my issue.

LorenCarlson, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working

1. Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft family setup

2. Connecting child gmail account managed by family link to outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting child gmail account managed by family link to outlook: I have a new laptop. My email is a child gmail account and is managed by family link. I want to link my gmail account to outlook but am told that accounts managed by family link are not allowed to sign in. The warning seems to be a google message. Is this an issue with...
  3. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  4. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety: So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family". In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have blocked inappropriate websites toggle on. Toggling this switch will block adult content and enable safesearch according to the...
  5. Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account

Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account: One of my children in my Microsoft Family Account has forgotten their password.How do I recover this account or reset the password? I've filled out the Recover your account form twice and still cannot recover this account. The account shows correctly in my...
  6. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  7. Family Group setup for child

Family Group setup for child: Hello, I am looking to setup a child account however, it is asking for an email. My child does not have an email account and when I select the option to use my email instead, it does not let me proceed. It says that there is already an account assigned per my email. There...
  8. Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family

Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  9. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...
  10. Microsoft family child removal not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft family child removal not working: I was recently removed from my Microsoft family account, with help from Microsoft support, the support person told me that if I restarted my computer I would be removed from the family. After restarting the computer I still had to ask to use google, when I clicked the ask by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. child gmail account windows

2. family account setup windows phone

3. microsoft family account when to use child account

4. windows phone setup family account