Windows 10: Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Discus and support Microsoft Family shared content restriction in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by johnkwon1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. johnkwon1 Win User

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information.

I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist). What I would like to do is manage one list for all my children. Is there a way to share the "Only Allowed" list among other children in the family?

:)

johnkwon1, Apr 24, 2019

2. Content restrictions on Microsoft Family

I have a family account set up for my 8yr old child. I have his content restrictions set at 8yrs old. I would like to grant him access to Netflix without me having to give permission because apparently netflix is rated above my childs content restriction....

Within the account there is the ability to control what websites to enter, but I can't seem to find a field to allow my son's access to Netlifx without raising his 'age' content restrictions. I note that netflix itself has content restrictions already in
    place so I am not concerned about my son having access.

Anyone who can help?

[Moderator Note: Changed title from Xbox One content restrictions]

Jonathan de Bruyn, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family shared content restriction - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family shared

2. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  3. Can't access family section to modify restrictions

Can't access family section to modify restrictions: Hello, For the last few weeks I cannot access the family section of my MS account to modify time restrictions, etc. When I attempt to log in I'm sent to a website that states: Give us a little while to fix this Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try...
  4. Family Restrictions while accessing apps

Family Restrictions while accessing apps: Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message: [ATTACH] If I try to...
  5. Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts: Hi everyone, Back in the day, I was able to share photos with my family using onedrive. It let me select their Microsoft Account and select view or edit. I've tried to do this with a photo album tonight, but the only option seems to be to share it with a link... i.e. no...
  6. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.: We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few weeks. I had the computer locked out for the entirety of the time. He was finally grounded and so I wanted to grant him more...
  7. microsoft family

microsoft family: I am trying to open google chrome but get the following message: Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome Ask by email Trace ID: ubsAMd+XLkiXp74w.3.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US, S=California, L=Mountain View, O=Google Inc,...
  8. Office365 Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office365 Family Sharing: Hello, I am a Mac user and have signed up for Office 365 for some 5 years now. I have tried to set it up for my partner, (who is a blind lady) and uses a Windowd 10 desktop PC. I set up family sharing on my Mac, with my account and sent her the invitation, She accepted...
  9. Microsoft Family sharing and play anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family sharing and play anywhere: I purchased Gears of war 4 from Microsoft store which I am playing on my gaming laptop and don't own Xbox one. I would like to play this game with my sons on another 2 PCs. I have successfully added everyone to Microsoft family and installed the game using my account signed...
  10. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.: As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an error stating there is no Internet connection. Is there any way to completely remove these restrictions?...