Windows 10: Microsoft Family "something's wrong on our side" Message

Discus and support Microsoft Family "something's wrong on our side" Message in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've tried logging in on multiple devices, rebooting, different browsers including MS Edge. I see this message when I try to manage my family. Looks... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xzzmnqzz, Jun 2, 2020.

1. xzzmnqzz Win User

Microsoft Family "something's wrong on our side" Message

I've tried logging in on multiple devices, rebooting, different browsers including MS Edge. I see this message when I try to manage my family. Looks like other folks have seen this too and haven't really gotten resolution. Can you tell me what to do to fix this?

Give us a little while to fix this
    Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else.

:)

xzzmnqzz, Jun 2, 2020

2. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Wrong "adult" email address used in family setup

Hi,

Try the steps below.

• Sign into http://familysafety.microsoft.com with that Microsoft account.
    • Click the Manage my family link at the bottom of the summary page.
    • Select the affected user under Family Members and click
      Remove family member at the top left of the screen.
    • At this point you should be able to add that family member to the correct (new) family.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to create a new email address for your son and add to the family account and check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting in Microsoft Community for any further queries that you face. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family "something's wrong on our side" Message - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family something's

2. Family Safety: How to fix - Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety: How to fix - Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then...: Hello,I am using Family Safety on my desktop with Windows 11 and Edge. I tried to add a family member to the family organizer, but I received an error message:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: poqkhtmRXEuCoK8y.8.161This has been...
  3. The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the...: The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the customer." How can I fix it I can't open my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-message-says-this-is-a-problem-on-our-side/990e7587-1029-423e-a895-0431076e49f9
  4. The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the...: The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the customer." How can I fix it I can't open my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-message-says-this-is-a-problem-on-our-side/990e7587-1029-423e-a895-0431076e49f9
  5. The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Microsoft Family Safety - Something went wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety - Something went wrong: When my son requests more screen time on his windows 10 pc I get the error message "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the internet?I have tried removing from him from the family safety account at accounts.microsoft.com but this...
  7. MS Store game error code 0x87E10BC6: "Something went wrong on our side"

MS Store game error code 0x87E10BC6: "Something went wrong on our side": Everytime i open a game this pops up and most of my games crashes, this error popt up since the latest windows update, an anyone help me please ? ***Titled modified from: Something went rong on our side error code 0x87E10BC6*** ***Moved from: Windows 10/Performance &...
  8. Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message

Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message: Hi, I have been trying to watch DVDs on my laptop, which we have had for several years. Recently, when I insert a DVD, a message comes up saying that 'Something went wrong at our end.' How do I overcome this, in order to watch DVDs? Many thanks....
  9. Family features something went wrong

Family features something went wrong: Anyone use or notice this since feature update? On every restart box pops up ‘Microsoft family features something went wrong, we are working on it’. Affects all our machines 109111
  10. Family features something went wrong

Family features something went wrong: Am thinking it’s more widespread and the problem is on Microsoft’s end because several of my family and friends are seeing the same. They have their own family acc setups. Nothing to do with mine EDIT where did the reply post go from the other user? Makes it look like I am...