Windows 10: Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Discus and support Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This very old problem is still there after upgrading to 1903. When I first log on after cold start as my (admin, parent) account (MSA), I get:... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sba923, May 23, 2019.

1. sba923 Win User

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

This very old problem is still there after upgrading to 1903.

When I first log on after cold start as my (admin, parent) account (MSA), I get:

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message 1852a5dd-5abc-44a2-8d3e-02b13b9cb70f?upload=true.png

This is more annoying than anything else, but how do I fix this?

:)

sba923, May 23, 2019

2. Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, May 23, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    I get the message: "ask for permission" from Microsoft Family Features.

Hi,

There might be some glitch or misconfigured settings on Microsoft Family. Kindly check your settings regarding app permissions. If you think there are no problems with Microsoft Family settings, kindly turn off Microsoft Family features
    as a workaround. To do so, follow the steps in this
    link
    . After installing the application, kindly turn back Microsoft Family features on.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 23, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Microsoft family features are asking permission to use Google Chrome

Hi Joshua,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you logged in as the administrator of the computer?
    • Is it happening on all the websites that you're trying to access using Google Chrome
    • Have you tried using different browsers? If yes, are you getting the same issue?
    If you are using a child account, then probably the reason why you are having issues browsing the internet is that the parent account has set up restrictions on the websites that you can only visit. Regardless of the browser that you use every time you visit
    a website which is/are restricted, you will be required to ask permission from the parent. Only the parent account can remove the Family safety.

To learn more about Family Safety, kindly refer to this links:

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

1. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family spurious

2. Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im not in a microsoft family but it still wants me to ask for permissions: I was removed from the family and it says im the admin of my own, my birthday is set to be an adult and when i want to do something like play Halo on the Xbox app, it asks for a family member's consent. This is really annoying me and i have been having so many problems with...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application

Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application: Before a windows update, I was able to use an application however after the update, upon trying to open the application I am prompted to ask for permission; although the adults in my family did not change any settings. Why does this happen?...
  7. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  8. Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error: Hello, I just downloaded firefox and I can't open it. Microsoft Family Features says I need to ask an adult if I can use it. I used to part of a Microsoft family. But I removed myself because there was no need to be in one anymore. When I click ask by email this happens:...
  9. Family features Ask for permission

Family features Ask for permission: I recently tried to use some apps (installed from microsoft store) on my windows 10 laptop but i get this annoying error message that says that i need toask permission from an adult to use the apps, even though i am an adultmyself. screenshots of the problem below....
  10. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the microsoft launcher permissions needed for microsoft family

2. ask for permission microsoft family features chrome

3. microsoft family features ask permission