Windows 10: Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In

Discus and support Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son's account is logging time against his screen time just by the fact that the PC is switched on. This is only happening with his account. The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BMG, Jan 31, 2020.

1. BMG
    BMG Win User

Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In

My son's account is logging time against his screen time just by the fact that the PC is switched on. This is only happening with his account. The other five accounts don't have this issue. I saw this today. I switched on the PC, and an hour later his screen time was showing an hour of activity even though he wasn't there and nobody was logged in. This is preventing him from logging without my overriding his limits, which kind of defeats the purpose of having time limits.

I saw that someone had a similar issue here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-screen-time-counts-way-more-time/83f31790-12f9-486f-a1ba-ad6cc686b864?auth=1

but the pseudo-expert that posted an answer just pointed to other web pages and suggested answers that anyone who understands the filter would know would not resolve the issue. For example he suggests turning screen limits off and off. Clearly this won't work since it's obvious by the fact this only starts happening when the PC is switched on that the false activity is being generated by the PC, not by the MS Family web service.

I logged into my account to see if there were processes running under my son's name and I can't see any.

Another issue, I don't know if it's related, is that whenever we log in, for minutes there is a black screen before anything actually happens. However during this time you can do CTRL ALT DEL and start the task manager or sign off. You can also do WINDOWS-TAB. I noticed that if I log into my son's account, during the black screen moment, if I do WINDOWS-TAB, I can see Family Limit popups are active even though I can't make them visible.

:)

2. Rey Cam Win User

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jan 31, 2020
  3. WhyMe Win User

Right-click on the start button
    Click on 'Run' as circled in the screenshot below

Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In [​IMG]

When the Run dialog box appears, type netplwiz and click ok
    Please see the screenshot below for clarification

Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In [​IMG]

Then netplwiz will open
    • Untick the tick-box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"
    • Click on the "Apply" box
    • A dialog appears asking you for the username and password to be used for auto-logon
    • Enter your Microsoft account name, your current MS account password, your current MS password again and click on 'OK'
    • The system should now boot into Desktop automatically without the logon prompt.

Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In :)

WhyMe, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In

Win 10 log in screen does say which users are logged in

This is merely a work around not the solution. I have a lot of apps so it takes a lot of time to load my profile/desktop. The solution is for the list of users on the main login screen to state which user(s) is logged in. Win7 used to do this so why not Win10?

KevinRinger, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In

1. Microsoft Family Starts Logging Screen Time When PC is Turned On Before User Logs In - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Starts

2. User password must be changed before logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  3. User password must be changed before logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  4. User password must be changed before logging in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. regular log in before internet log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regular log in before internet log in: i just want to regularly log in to my laptop without having to connect to the internet. or have an outlook account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regular-log-in-before-internet-log-in/05da5884-7731-4464-941c-b9217610ebf6
  6. regular log in before internet log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regular log in before internet log in: i just want to regularly log in to my laptop without having to connect to the internet. or have an outlook account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regular-log-in-before-internet-log-in/05da5884-7731-4464-941c-b9217610ebf6
  7. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked but I regret doing it. The laptop has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to complete the task. Even worse, now...
  8. Lock Screen time wrong unable to log in as Family time is up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock Screen time wrong unable to log in as Family time is up: Bit of a good one here, Daughters Surface is 2 days out ie is showing Saturday 20 March 1900 when its Monday 22 March 1750 We are unable to log on, Though the box to request more family time is there the request to extend doesn't get sent. If removed family settings on my...
  9. Windows Time Changes when a user in a different time zone logs in

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Time Changes when a user in a different time zone logs in: Hello, I have several users internationally that log into my windows machine to access bookkeeping software. I have noticed lately that my windows time will change to an incorrect time (I believe based on their location) when they log in. I have tried to disable automatic...
  10. How to prevent windows start user session before the user logs in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to prevent windows start user session before the user logs in?: Hello, my question is: how to prevent windows start user session before the user logs in? Notice: there are multiple users on the PC and they all have password and pin and must enter it to login. Symptoms, which I observe: - When I start my PC, then login screen for...