Windows 10: Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family

Discus and support Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, so I setup 2 Microsoft family accounts a few days ago, one as an organizer and one as a member using the account that I use for my pc set as the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by OlliverAira, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family

Hi, so I setup 2 Microsoft family accounts a few days ago, one as an organizer and one as a member using the account that I use for my pc set as the "child" member. After that I setup a time limit so the child member could only be online between 03:00 and 19:30. And to give some backstory, I was hoping this would help me stick to my bedtime routines a little better lol, but Ive just started finding it rather annoying sometimes and that a strict schedule doesnt work out. So yesterday I left the family with my child account this seemingly erased the family entirely, so when attempting to log in

:)

OlliverAira, Jul 31, 2021

2. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 31, 2021
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family

Pi hole breaks Microsoft Family Screen Time Limit time extension requests

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, which has stopped working after installing Raspberry PI and PI hole.

In this scenario, please refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Fix screen time limits not working

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer this article:
    Remove members from your family group

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as this issue occurred after installing Raspberry PI and PI hole. Hence, I suggest you to leave a

Feedback
    for this product so that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family

1. Microsoft Family, time limits persisting on Win10 device after leaving the family - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family limits

2. Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.: Microsoft Family is saying my son is has used his computer for 5 hours today although I have set the limit for today as 3 hours. It shows how long he has been using it so apparently it is tracking his use on the computer. Why is it not enforcing the time limit?...
  3. Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family not reinforcing the time limit that is set on a device.: Microsoft Family is saying my son is has used his computer for 5 hours today although I have set the limit for today as 3 hours. It shows how long he has been using it so apparently it is tracking his use on the computer. Why is it not enforcing the time limit?...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft family block after leaving family

Microsoft family block after leaving family: I couldn't remember the email to the parent account for my family so I left. Even after leaving the parental block is still in place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-block-after-leaving-family/8bdc6023-cd17-4102-9bca-b6b1c603bffb
  8. Microsoft family block after leaving family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family block after leaving family: I couldn't remember the email to the parent account for my family so I left. Even after leaving the parental block is still in place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-block-after-leaving-family/8bdc6023-cd17-4102-9bca-b6b1c603bffb
  9. Microsoft family block after leaving family

10. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"