Windows 10: Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong

Discus and support Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I checked time time/time zone on the computer and for all users in the family. all reports the current time and correct time zone, but when my child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nweiser, Feb 8, 2021.

1. nweiser Win User

Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong

I checked time time/time zone on the computer and for all users in the family. all reports the current time and correct time zone,

but when my child tries to log in at 8am, the computer thinks its still the day before

this has been happening all week. and it has happened in the past before and somehow resolved itself.

:)

nweiser, Feb 8, 2021

2. windows 10 family safety reports in wrong time zone?

Hi Karen,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand that family safety reports wrong time zone on your computer. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check if the Time Zone for the Microsoft user account of the parent is set correct.

Let's follow these steps below to Change Time Zone in Settings in the Microsoft user account.

1.Type Settings on the search bar, then click on the Settings app tab and click or tap on the
    Time & Language icon.

2. Click or tap on Date & Time on the left side, and select the time zone you want to use in the drop down menu on the right side.

3. When finished, you can close Settings Window.

Let’s refer to the article, created by Lonnie_L August 24, 2013, to know more about family safety on Windows 10.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Also refer to the link below to set up family features on Windows 10:

Set up family features on Windows 10:

Fix family features after Windows 10 upgrade

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Feb 8, 2021
  3. windows 10 family safety reports in wrong time zone?

I have checked all our devices and the family safety website for correct time zone settings (done), but the reports I receive in email are completely off. Both our teens are frustrated by our continual challenges when we see computer activity in the middle
    of the night. Could also pose a problem with "ask for more time."

How can I fix this problem so I can have ability to actually use this system?

SO frustrating!

KarenNewton, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong

Microsoft family report in German language

This issue could occur if the regional settings in your Microsoft account associated with Family Safety is incorrect. I would suggest you log into
    Sign in to your Microsoft account with the Microsoft account and change the regional settings. Once you have logged in, click on ‘Basic info’ in the left pane and make sure that country and time zone is set correctly.
    Try this steps and let us know the results.

If you continue to experience this problem, send a tweet immediately to @MSFTFamilyGeek on Twitter. He works on Microsoft Family Safety and might be able to provide a direct solution.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong

1. Microsoft family time zone reporting wrong - Similar Threads - Microsoft family zone

2. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  3. Windows Defaulting to Wrong Time Zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defaulting to Wrong Time Zone: This problem has been going on for over a month now. Back in Dec 2020, I borrowed my brother's modem he's from Brisbane. I live in Victoria. Ever since then, my computer seems to think it is in Brisbane. Even when I set the time manually, after turning my computer off...
  4. Wrong 'Time Zone'

Wrong 'Time Zone': Hi there, After post my question I've read many posts trying to solve that issue. For some reason, the time zone configured in my Windows 10 is 'UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. I've followed guidelines about how to change it to 'UTC+01:00 Brussels, Copenhagen,...
  5. wrong time zone

wrong time zone: I just bought a refurb comp but the time zone is set for pacific time and I live in eastern time zone. how do I change it? I have win 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-zone/c802ddbb-c0d7-4ce8-83fa-c7529fa6d00b
  6. Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp: Our son requested additional Time and the message was send in time (14:45 local time), but the small text at the bottom of the message was "[Name] has requested at [Date] 12:45 ..." We live in Europe (UTC+2)....
  7. Time zone always wrong

Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...
  8. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...
  9. time wrong, while time zone is correct.

in Windows 10 Support
    time wrong, while time zone is correct.: Every boot my computer's clock is 7 hours fast. The time zone is correctly set to UTC -08:00 I have set it to synchronize with time.windows.com as well as time.nist.com, to similar results. When clicking the "update now" button I get the error: "An error occurred while...
  10. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...