Windows 10: Microsoft Family Unrollment

Discus and support Microsoft Family Unrollment in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft family restriction, despite it not showing up in the family tab, and me not being in a family, and I wanted to join my friend on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lucas P.1, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Lucas P.1 Win User

Microsoft Family Unrollment

I have a Microsoft family restriction, despite it not showing up in the family tab, and me not being in a family, and I wanted to join my friend on Minecraft Realms, but it keeps saying I need to turn on a setting, which I did but it doesn't fix anything, because it submits a request, and not actually doesn't change it.

:)

Lucas P.1, Jun 19, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 19, 2022
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jun 19, 2022
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Unrollment - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Unrollment

2. Microsoft Family Unrollment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Unrollment: I have a Microsoft family restriction, despite it not showing up in the family tab, and me not being in a family, and I wanted to join my friend on Minecraft Realms, but it keeps saying I need to turn on a setting, which I did but it doesn't fix anything, because it submits a...
  3. Microsoft Family Unrollment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Unrollment: I have a Microsoft family restriction, despite it not showing up in the family tab, and me not being in a family, and I wanted to join my friend on Minecraft Realms, but it keeps saying I need to turn on a setting, which I did but it doesn't fix anything, because it submits a...
  4. Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family: Trato de unir cuentas a las familias y me sale eso https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/1f9f182e-99d0-4466-b6a6-2ea1be1eda93
  5. Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family: last night i installed Microsoft Family, and this morning it has locked my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/7684e6eb-1749-4397-9765-426d7bd057a4
  6. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I currently have Microsoft family on my laptop, which my two children use to complete school work, There is a website called Mathletics which when my youngest access it asks for permission to access it, which I do as it is to complete school work. But when he changed the...
  7. microsoft family

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family: Unable to connect to microsoft family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/8e555c7b-13b6-4c82-8256-c4fa0cf0756e
  8. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: In Windows 10 does Microsoft Family block adult content in Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/9eccd4bf-2d99-40ac-a6de-42d1589938b2
  9. Microsoft family

Microsoft family: I removed my self from microsoft family but i have to ask a parent access youtube whats going on here and how do i make it stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/49fd4d4c-9a74-4302-89b0-92da59793254
  10. microsoft family

microsoft family: I am trying to open google chrome but get the following message: Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome Ask by email Trace ID: ubsAMd+XLkiXp74w.3.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US, S=California, L=Mountain View, O=Google Inc,...