Windows 10: Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account

Discus and support Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son's PC microsoft account keeps popping up the 'You must verify this computer in order to enable family features.' on every log in, and family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GavinChapman77, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account

My son's PC microsoft account keeps popping up the 'You must verify this computer in order to enable family features.' on every log in, and family features no longer work, is there a way to fix this? His account is unrestricted now because of this.

He's logging into the PC with an outlook.com account.

:)

GavinChapman77, Apr 6, 2019
  2. DW450 Win User

Verify your account to continue using microsoft family features - windows 10

My child can log in to Windows 10 account (set up under family) but keeps getting the pop up "verify your account to continue using Microsoft family features" and we can't get it to go away.

I have removed/added the child's account about 5 different times with no luck.

I have changed my password and my child's password with no luck.

Any suggestions to get this annoying pop up to go away?

DW450, Apr 6, 2019
  3. mafyew Win User
    Microsoft family features asks to verify account even though account removed from family

Summary:
    "Windows Family Features" is blocking access to Google Chrome on my child's Windows 10 machine even after removing child's account from Windows Family.

Detail:
    My son is the local administrator on his Windows 10 machine. I moved his account across to a Microsoft Account, then I created a Microsoft Family account and added him to it as a child. A few days later I removed him from the Microsoft Family account. There are now no children in the Microsoft Family account.

Next he downloaded Google Chrome on the machine. When he tries to start it he gets this message:

"Ask for permission
    You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:
    Google Chrome"

When he clicks "Ask by email", the next dialog is

"Something went wrong
    We're working on it - try again in a little bit.
    Trace ID: od7AXEXv+kicfaH4.9.1"

I switched him back to a Local Account on his machine.

Now when he tries to start Google Chrome, he gets this Microsoft family features dialog:

"Verify your Microsoft Account
    Make sure your Microsoft account is verified before you ask your parent for permission"

When he clicks the "Verify" button he gets this dialog:
    "Did you mean to switch applications?
    Microsoft family features is trying to open Microsoft family features"

When he clicks "yes" he gets this dialog:
    "Verify your account to continue using Microsoft family features"

...with only a Verify button, which does nothing.

I've seen several similar posts in other fora but no answers.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and been able to fix it without wiping the machine clean or creating a new account?

mafyew, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Askboy4 Win User

Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account

Verifying child account

So I logged in as the child account and it told me to verify my account, now when I closed it, it keeps popping up. Next I clicked verify and it told me to enter a code by a parent email. Now I clicked SKIP (5 days) and now I want to verify my account. Do I still have to wait 5 days?

Askboy4, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account

1. Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Verify

2. Verify child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verify child account: Hi,I cannot verify my child's account. It gives me error: it's not you, it is us. We cannot login into computer, i cannot add her again into the family as verification will not pass. She is currently family member....
  3. Verify child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify child account: Hi,I cannot verify my child's account. It gives me error: it's not you, it is us. We cannot login into computer, i cannot add her again into the family as verification will not pass. She is currently family member....
  4. Verifying a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying a child account: I made a new Microsoft account for my son. It is associated with his Christmas laptop. I forgot the password and tried to reset using my Microsoft account - the one that is the Family Safety account, but it still says that it cannot verify that it is his address. He has not...
  5. Verifying a child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying a child account: I made a new Microsoft account for my son. It is associated with his Christmas laptop. I forgot the password and tried to reset using my Microsoft account - the one that is the Family Safety account, but it still says that it cannot verify that it is his address. He has not...
  6. Verifying a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Microsoft family pop up

Microsoft family pop up: The MS family popup asking for signin keeps coming up on my child's PC. Even when entering the PIN, it keeps popping up over an over. the only solutions i have seen on here just say to disable family settings, but that just defeats the purpose. We want family settings on, but...
  8. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  9. Microsoft Family Features keeps popping up

Microsoft Family Features keeps popping up: Hi there, Recently after accidentally tweaking a setting in the registry, I managed to delete my user account (and my files). Just the day before, I had created a restore point, so I restored my computer from there. Other than a few files going missing and programs...
  10. Verifying child account

Verifying child account: So I logged in as the child account and it told me to verify my account, now when I closed it, it keeps popping up. Next I clicked verify and it told me to enter a code by a parent email. Now I clicked SKIP (5 days) and now I want to verify my account. Do I still have to wait...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family verify

2. family verify

3. verify child account microsoft

4. verify family account,
  5. microsoft family verify child account,
  6. family verify microsoft,
  7. verify microsoft family account,
  8. microsoft family features keeps popping up,
  9. how to verify microsoft child account without a phone,
  10. microsoft verify child account,
  11. windows 10 family features child sign in just keeps popping up,