Windows 10: Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop

Discus and support Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago I read about something called Autoplay. It is supposed to make deploying laptops to remote users easier by letting you do the setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnnyGeng, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop

A few days ago I read about something called Autoplay. It is supposed to make deploying laptops to remote users easier by letting you do the setup ahead of time and then having the user log in with their credentials and Windows takes care of the set up.

I can't seem to find anything about it now and the only thing that comes up now is the old windows "autorun" pages.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I swear I just read about it a few days ago.

Thanks for the help!

:)

JohnnyGeng, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop

n-ster, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop

1. Microsoft feature that let's you set up a laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft feature let's

2. I’m setting it up and I get to the WiFi set up but all it shows is let’s connect you to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m setting it up and I get to the WiFi set up but all it shows is let’s connect you to...: I just bought a empowered pc now I’m setting it up and I get to the WiFi set up adapter is plugged in but it isn’t bringing up possible networks to join I have turned it off n back on unplugged n plugged back in adapter please help...
  3. I’m setting it up and I get to the WiFi set up but all it shows is let’s connect you to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m setting it up and I get to the WiFi set up but all it shows is let’s connect you to...: I just bought a empowered pc now I’m setting it up and I get to the WiFi set up adapter is plugged in but it isn’t bringing up possible networks to join I have turned it off n back on unplugged n plugged back in adapter please help...
  4. Setting up a Cloudbook, and it is stuck on ‘Let Microsoft use your location’.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a Cloudbook, and it is stuck on ‘Let Microsoft use your location’.: Setting up a pink Cloudbook for my daughter, and it is stuck on ‘Let Microsoft use your location’. Cannot finish setting up the laptop, as the page is grayed out, and nothing works. I have tried leaving the laptop, and I have tried rebooting it..so frustrating and...
  5. Setting up a Cloudbook, and it is stuck on ‘Let Microsoft use your location’.

Setting up a Cloudbook, and it is stuck on ‘Let Microsoft use your location’.: Setting up a pink Cloudbook for my daughter, and it is stuck on ‘Let Microsoft use your location’. Cannot finish setting up the laptop, as the page is grayed out, and nothing works. I have tried leaving the laptop, and I have tried rebooting it..so frustrating and...
  6. Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Let's face it Microsoft: you cannot: You can't even keep my windows in the same desktop position when switch inputs on my display from Laptop to Desktop. Every single time I return to the laptop as display source I have to re-organize my application's windows. Every single time. 2022 is almost over and we still...
  7. trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...: not sure what the problem is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-set-up-new-laptop-for-my-sister-in-law/1887d4cf-eb48-4f43-8d42-21ed8441589c
  8. trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...: not sure what the problem is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-set-up-new-laptop-for-my-sister-in-law/1887d4cf-eb48-4f43-8d42-21ed8441589c
  9. trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...

10. Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.: I bought a new laptop recently and want to log in with my microsoft account the first time. I do so and successfully sign in. It then promts me to enter set up a pin. I press next button. It then tells me that I cannot setup a pin or has failed. I click on skip for now. Then...