Windows 10: Microsoft Files aren't published by Microsoft.

Discus and support Microsoft Files aren't published by Microsoft. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello!My computer will not let me open files that are published by Microsoft, for example msconfig.exe or open Device Manager. For msconfig, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wahgoob, May 4, 2021.

1. wahgoob Win User

Microsoft Files aren't published by Microsoft.

Hello!My computer will not let me open files that are published by Microsoft, for example msconfig.exe or open Device Manager. For msconfig, and basically all other Microsoft files, they're from an unknown publisher, and while I could bypass this by saying "yes", for some strange reason, an administrator is blocking me from opening Device Manager. I have complete access to this computer, I am the administrator on this computer, and the computer is not connected to any workplace/school account. When I try to activate the default Administrator account, it says that Access is denied Error code 5

:)

wahgoob, May 4, 2021

2. Microsoft Published Tenchu Z

sinc emicrosoft published Tenchu Z.... will they be a new Tenchu game for ps2/ps3?

microsoft will publish the whole tenchu series from now on or just the individual Tenchu Z?

HiddenStupid, May 4, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 4, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Files aren't published by Microsoft. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Files aren't

2. Publishing an app with obfuscation on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Publishing an app with obfuscation on Microsoft Store: I would like to know if obfuscation is allowed for .NET applications that need to be published to Microsoft Store.I'd like to protect my source code. From my understanding code virtualization is not allowed, but are simple obfuscation techniques like renaming/control flow...
  3. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  4. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  5. Microsoft Publisher Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Publisher Download: If i close my laptop will the download restart or resume when i reopen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-publisher-download/c598bdd7-d402-44d3-a9ab-fb0a849845db
  6. Microsoft Publisher 2013 always defaults to File on the ribbon

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Publisher 2013 always defaults to File on the ribbon: Previously, when you clicked on Home or Insert or any of those things on the Ribbon, they would stay there until you clicked on something else to change it. The only exception was File. When you clicked on File and did your thing, it would then move over and highlight Home....
  7. Microsoft Home Publishing 2000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Home Publishing 2000: I have recently installed Windows 10, but have kept the above program because I have used it for years and like the way it works. It still works perfectly in most operations, but when I try to print a two sided greetings card I get the following problem: The test page ,...
  8. How to Publish Language in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Publish Language in Microsoft: Hi! I am Tamim. Am from Bangladesh. And I want to publish a Language in Microsoft. Is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-publish-language-in-microsoft/d612c74a-40f5-4f81-aee4-c1c2595a6e79
  9. Is REGS UTILITIES Published By Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is REGS UTILITIES Published By Microsoft?: An app got into my desktop and I do not know if I should uninstall it. When I went to control panel , app, Regs Utilities, was found. but its publisher listed was 'unknown. Then I went to uninstall, found the app and when I got ready to uninstall it a message...
  10. Svchost.exe (Microsoft Windows Publisher)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Svchost.exe (Microsoft Windows Publisher): what is this thing? it keeps downloading and has already download 500MB+, is it essential? [img] [img] 101454