Windows 10: Microsoft Files registers as malware

Discus and support Microsoft Files registers as malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have anti-virus and anti-malware program (avast and malwarebytes). Whenever I scan malwarebytes, these 4 files always registers as malware/riskware.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ac_ross, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ac_ross Win User

Microsoft Files registers as malware

I have anti-virus and anti-malware program (avast and malwarebytes). Whenever I scan malwarebytes, these 4 files always registers as malware/riskware.

Is it really? Just have to make sure before I quarantine it.

Microsoft Files registers as malware d48b2a6e-4eee-4f1b-ae3a-170fce601498?upload=true.png

:)

ac_ross, Sep 4, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

sourceforge bundles malware

From the main Filezilla Sourceforge page you can also browse the files, this is usually used for downloading older versions but you can download the latest version as well through there. At the top right of the file list is an option to switch to "Direct Download Link" to On. So anything you download from the file list will be the actual file, not the malware filled Sourceforge installer.

newtekie1, Sep 4, 2018
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Files registers as malware - Similar Threads - Microsoft Files registers

2. Microsoft malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft malware: looking for an IT guru who can help me fully remove microsoft trash i dont want on my system. i paid buckets of money for my pc, only what I want is allowed to be on it so please someone tell me how to remove the trash i never gave consent for...
  3. Microsoft malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft malware: looking for an IT guru who can help me fully remove microsoft trash i dont want on my system. i paid buckets of money for my pc, only what I want is allowed to be on it so please someone tell me how to remove the trash i never gave consent for...
  4. Microsoft malware

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Malware Files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware Files?: Update to my other post. It got worse. Error Broker and Kernel Broker keeps reinstalling, I cant access any browsers or applications except the ones with auto startup. It says I do not have permission to open them. Files Explorer too, after some time, I get a window popup...
  6. Is MpCopyAccelerator.exe legitimate file in Microsoft Anti-Malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is MpCopyAccelerator.exe legitimate file in Microsoft Anti-Malware?: Hello So windows updated my antimalware client to version 4.18.2103.3 now i have a process called Microsoft Malware Protection Copy Accelerator Utility that is constantly running since MpCopyAccelerator.exe file location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows...
  7. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...
  8. Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is it on my PC - FS.dll and antivirus register it as malware?: Alright, so, I have a few questions. I'm on Windows 7, and I have a multitude of malware scanners, such as Malware Bytes, Avast, and Hitman Pro, and a few browser/startup scanners. Recently, Hitman Pro has discovered three .dll files under the name FS.dll and it is...
  9. Are these files Malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these files Malware?: I woud like to know how to delete 2 files in my temp files folder and if they are dangerous. The first one is DBUtil_2_3.sys. It only shows up sometimes. The secone is CR_0EDE.tmp. They don't automa tically delete when I check all the files in the temp folder indicating I...
  10. Cortana (Microsoft Registered)

in Cortana
    Cortana (Microsoft Registered): The name of Cortana popped up on my Skype page, offering help withsuggestions of restaurants organising files and even chatting,but when I queried who it was the answer always comes back for me to release the privacy agreement, which I refused. It has ended up in my list of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall MpCopyAccelerator