Windows 10: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager or fltMgr.sys is causing non-paged memory leak.

Discus and support Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager or fltMgr.sys is causing non-paged memory leak. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As soon as I noticed the non-paged memory leak I started to monitor using Poolmon.exe and the amount it uses keeps increasing as the PC runs. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ghyath AlAhmad, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager or fltMgr.sys is causing non-paged memory leak.

As soon as I noticed the non-paged memory leak I started to monitor using Poolmon.exe and the amount it uses keeps increasing as the PC runs. I then used Sigcheck cmd to get info on it and this was it:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\fltMgr.sys:

Verified: Signed

Signing date: 7:06 AM 23/07/2019

Publisher: Microsoft Windows

Company: Microsoft Corporation

Description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager

Product: Microsoft« Windows« Operating System

Prod version: 10.0.18362.267

File version: 10.0.18362.267 WinBuild.160101.0800

MachineType: 64-bit

how can I fix it?

:)

Ghyath AlAhmad, Aug 17, 2020
  2. comnuts Win User

is this memory leak?

Hello RASHMIRANJAN1,

I'm an independent advisor and hope this would address your questions.

This is not a memory leak. A memory leak happens when a process or program failed to discard utilized memory when it is no longer in use. In that case, you would see a process or program consuming more and more memory over time.

I wouldn't be worried about the paged and non-paged pools as they aren't excessively large in size. The paged pool is used to store handles of kernel objects, so it is normal to have some usage there. And non-paged pool is used by kernel and drivers of the
    operating system, so it is also normal for some usage there.

comnuts, Aug 17, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Shaw009 Win User

Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager or fltMgr.sys is causing non-paged memory leak.

I finally find my memory leak...

You can try find the driver one by one, by checking it on the device manager. If it is not listed on device manager, try googling it. You can check all of the *.sys files, it usually related. I have these memory leak problems before too.

What I mean is you have to find the "Nonp" one. From what I read in some articles you have to find the tags categorized as Nonpaged. not the Paged Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager or fltMgr.sys is causing non-paged memory leak. :)

Shaw009, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager or fltMgr.sys is causing non-paged memory leak.

1. Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager or fltMgr.sys is causing non-paged memory leak. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Filesystem Filter

2. RTP Filesystem filter .sys error BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RTP Filesystem filter .sys error BSOD: After displaying an error of Microsoft security to enable your antivirus, my system BSODed 2 times in a day, I ignored it the first time but it also happened again so I am asking for help. I did a memory scan and it said no errorsI performed a SFC scan and it said it could...
  3. RTP Filesystem filter .sys error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RTP Filesystem filter .sys error BSOD: After displaying an error of Microsoft security to enable your antivirus, my system BSODed 2 times in a day, I ignored it the first time but it also happened again so I am asking for help. I did a memory scan and it said no errorsI performed a SFC scan and it said it could...
  4. Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag: Hi, i've been having a really annoying non paged memory leak for quite some time now, to a point where it uses all memory and to fix it i have to restart it usually takes a couple of hours to fill all my memory, i've tried to narrow it down to what could be causing it by...
  5. Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag: Hi, i've been having a really annoying non paged memory leak for quite some time now, to a point where it uses all memory and to fix it i have to restart it usually takes a couple of hours to fill all my memory, i've tried to narrow it down to what could be causing it by...
  6. Non Paged Memory Leak NDnd tag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1909 from v1809 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for...
  8. Non paged pool memory leak

Non paged pool memory leak: Hi all, I am having a non paged pool memory leak. As far as i'm aware all drivers are up to date. https://imgur.com/Vo3QeUe https://imgur.com/a/IdzFZE5 Would really appreciate any support to getting this resolved, a reboot temporarily fixes it, but after a few hours it...
  9. 2GB Non-Paged Pool memory leak

2GB Non-Paged Pool memory leak: Title says it all, I've changed some regedit values as some videos recommended and for a while that fixed it. However, it has now come back and I have no way to fix this memory leak. Any help would be great, thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Shterz [link] [comments]...
  10. Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting

Non-paged tool memory leak troubleshooting: I have come to the conclusion that I have the exact issue described in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8ex29t/nonpaged_pool_memory_leak/ However, after installing the per-requisite programs, windows powershell does not recognize poolmon /p /b as an...