Windows 10: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility

Discus and support Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, After looking hard, I managed to download a driver that identifies this unit in Windows 10 64bits. However, the Windows hello doesn´6 recongnize... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NunoSantos Figueiredo, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility

Hi,

After looking hard, I managed to download a driver that identifies this unit in Windows 10 64bits. However, the Windows hello doesn´6 recongnize it has an digital authentication unit.

Message: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint"

Is it possible that Microsoft left outside a hardware made by themselfs out of windows 10?

No driver or compatibility with digital authentication module?

:)

NunoSantos Figueiredo, Apr 3, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility

Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

Hi there

My fingerprint scanner on my HP Envy stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".

I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to Automatic and running.

Tina LJMcGee, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility

1. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility - Similar Threads - Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner

2. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  3. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  4. We couldn’t find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: [ATTACH]This post features different solutions to try if you see the error message We could not find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint. The problem is common among users who have recently upgraded to Windows 11. And the worst thing about this...
  5. cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint: My Huawei Matebook 14 AMD cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint. I have updated my device. It has worked properly before. I dont know what happen. What can I do to make it work again?...
  6. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have a new Acer Spin 3 running Windows 10 and the fingerprint scanner suddenly stopped working after the recent Windows Home update. When I go to set up the fingerprint scanner, it says We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint. How do...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner doesn't work Not Compatible

Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner doesn't work Not Compatible: Greetings,I am using a HP Envy M6 - 1213tx Purchased in 2013.Recently I have done a SSD upgrade, and I did a fresh Windows install.Since then, I am unable to use the fingerprint scanner.It says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello...
  8. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint: Sir, I have Dell vostro laptop with windows 10 home single language. Since few days my laptop's fingerprint is not working. On going in Setting a shown as "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" and option showing REMOVE and ADD...
  9. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello: After the Windows 10 update of May 28th 2020 I am unable to login with my fingerprint. Going to Settings - Accounts - Signin options - Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows...
  10. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi there My fingerprint scanner on my HP Envy stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint". I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set...