Windows 10: Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

Discus and support Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, in talking to a Support Tech today regarding my inability to have a WIFI Extender show up on my Network Connection for Spectrum WIFI, I was told I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sunshineonline, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

So, in talking to a Support Tech today regarding my inability to have a WIFI Extender show up on my Network Connection for Spectrum WIFI, I was told I needed to allow them to sign in remotely to check out the problem. I did, and was told after 20 mins of tech performing scans on my computer that basically I had no Firewall protection allowing hackers the ability to sign into my WIFI network and receive information regarding my bank account information, personal information, etc. I was informed that Microsoft only recommended Microsoft Security Firewall Application at a price of $299 for a 10 year subscription. Which included Tech support for the duration of the subscription to fix any problems that surfaced. Wondering if Microsoft in fact only recommends this Firewall for WIFI Network Security?

Thanks so much in advance for any input. Didn't have $299, but they will be calling back in a few days.

:)

Sunshineonline, Aug 14, 2019

2. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Aug 14, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

Router Firewall?

Your router firewall lets you configure basic things like "Attack Protection", "DOS Protection" and service filtering with basic options for disabling HTTP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, SNMP from external networks where you still get your internet from your ISP's gateway and every other communication from the WAN is blocked. You can also set up a service filter list in many cases. This is nifty. Though protection from the router isn't an alternative for even software firewalls, leave alone hardware ones. You will need a good software firewall such as free Zone Alarm / the firewall that comes with your security suite, if you're paranoid about security, else a properly updated Windows installation with the Windows Firewall is a good thing too.

btarunr, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

1. Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection - Similar Threads - Microsoft Firewall Security

2. Windows Notification: Windows Security. Firewall & network protection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Notification: Windows Security. Firewall & network protection.: Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20-‎Aug-‎2021OS build 19045.3516Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0Notification: Windows Security. Firewall & network protection. View firewall options. Windows firewall options. Windows Firewall and...
  3. Windows Notification: Windows Security. Firewall & network protection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Notification: Windows Security. Firewall & network protection.: Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20-‎Aug-‎2021OS build 19045.3516Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0Notification: Windows Security. Firewall & network protection. View firewall options. Windows firewall options. Windows Firewall and...
  4. Windows Notification: Windows Security. Firewall & network protection.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Firewall & Network Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall & Network Protection: Is Norton 360 safe to use with Windows 10 PRO or what is the best Firewall & Network Protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-network-protection/5314bae0-bf34-4fff-9549-da415a173697
  6. firewall and network protection notification

firewall and network protection notification: firewall and network protection notification is not working I turned it on the domain network private network and the public network it says that the firewall is off even its on and my computer is lag...
  7. Firewall & Network Protection

Firewall & Network Protection: We updated our application that runs Windows updates on our domain, and it is starting to update our computers. In doing so, we are starting to get warnings on all of our computers. It is an extreme nuisance since it pops up with an audible tone about every 10-15 seconds....
  8. Firewall & network protection

Firewall & network protection: At startup windows 10 Windows firewall and MacAfee firewall are turned off. MacAfee confirmed firewall is on. Windows is off. How can this be verified and corrected? Thank you....
  9. Annoying Firewall/Security/Network protection off notifications

Annoying Firewall/Security/Network protection off notifications: They are not actually turned off according to the third party app I am using. I am attaching a screenshot to make it more clear:[IMG] Thank you for your help....
  10. firewall & network protection problem

firewall & network protection problem: Hello On firewall & network protection panel the advanced settings link does not respond and I can not restore firewalls to default because the respective link is unresponsive also. Thank you...