Windows 10: Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues

Discus and support Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Good news! Microsoft revealed that it has solved the freezing issues that have bedeviled Windows 10 users who installed the Anniversary Update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues

Read more: Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues - Thurrott.com

See also: Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Aug 31, 2016

2. PC World has a similar report as well with pretty much the same title. Microsoft fixes Windows 10's Anniversary Update freezing | PCWorld

No such login freeze issue encountered here at all between the three desktops and three laptops while a fourth still needs to be looked at as for the lack of display issue.

:)

Night Hawk, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade on a Dell Precision 390?

Hi Prahalad,

the graphics drivers install without any problems. The random freeze/hang issue is while running Windows 10 with the NVIDIA graphics driver.

Uninstalling the NVIDIA driver and installing the Microsoft Basic Display driver fixes the freeze/hang issue.

Thanks.

Graham Hay, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Davokelso Win User

Why is the Anniversary update still publicly available for download!!!!!

Windows 10 Anniversary Update can cause PC to freeze, but Microsoft has a workaround

This is just one of many sites Quoting Microsofts response to this problem.

In case you cant read...

"Microsoft has received a small number of reports that Windows 10 computers freeze after upgrading to Anniversary Update.

The US technology firm has admitted that computers with the Windows 10 operating system stored on a solid-state drive and applications and data saved to a separate drive can run into issues.

Some users saw their systems freeze whenever they clicked on the Start Menu
    , or tried to load an application from the taskbar.

The freeze does not occur when Windows 10 is started in Safe Mode.

Microsoft says it is looking into a permanent solution for the problem, but in the meantime, has offered a temporary fix."

There is a problem and Microsoft has admitted it. Take your propaganda elsewhere buddy!

Davokelso, Sep 1, 2016
  5. pbcopter Win User
    I was getting periodic freezes on two of my systems and this update seems to have corrected the problem. Keeping fingers crossed.

pbcopter, Sep 1, 2016
  6. fussybob Win User
    My bootup, freezing issues have disappeared since installing the latest update.

fussybob, Sep 1, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    After this Update, there are still issues with external HDD. I was making a System Backup and system froze nearby the end. Sometimes pressing the "eject" Button there is no message "safe to remove". Sometimes connecting the HDD, Explorer does not Start automatically. This is random, I can not reproduce it.

Adalwar, Sep 2, 2016
  8. Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues

I've been having random freezing but no loading issues on the win betas since forever or at least almost 1 yr. but not so much on the regular 1511-th2 and the 1607-AU builds here on the other PC's here .
    or this one on the OEM HDD w/ 1706-AU I rolled in and running 14915 right now on an SSD .

Not seeing all that drama with this new PC in my specs for nearly 1.5 weeks since new now except occasionally in Chrome that can do that on it's own in a heartbeat anyway......... but not nearly as frequently as Edge .*sarc

The PC this replaced was a 6 yr old upgraded HP Pavilion AMD AM3 platform ,Phen.II x6 CPU on the OEM mainboard known to have a lousy nvidia chip set . That main board fried a couple of weeks back to the day and my have been deteriorating all along but it was performing well until it's sudden death at turn on from a regular shut down ,it mostly loaded windows then died .

Anyway if this hotfix-update helps us out I'm all for it .*092

electronuser, Sep 2, 2016
  9. gtspeck Win User
    I had random freezing's before the update but it seems to have been corrected*Wink

gtspeck, Sep 2, 2016
  10. I have a few 2TB Seagate expansion desk ( USB drive ) and migrated some data ~ 280GB to one last week .I was scraping data out of my old PC that fried its mainboard this PC in my specs replaced ...........no problems moving the data or any other time when I clean instal these win betas and park the data ,desktop ,folders and files on that drive and bring it back here to the SSD in this new test mule in my specs and the one I used before that and re install the exe. programs . I just did that thurs nite clean installing 14915 .

electronuser, Sep 2, 2016
  11. That's an Insider build not the RS1 which has been seeing problems. So far haven't been seeing any problems on either the main or remote secondary with each having an external enclosure(main has fan cooled model) with a 1tb drive in each. Those had been pulled out of the main some time back when moving to a pair of 2tb server class drives and generally left off when not in use and especially when going from build to build allowing for each to have it's own fresh detection.

That seems to avoid any hangups or hangovers when going build to build while the remote desktop is presently in standby mode as far as the Preview builds go.

Night Hawk, Sep 3, 2016
  12. Stevekir Win User
    This update was installed on my machine on 1 Sept but the freezing continues. I read that the bug strikes machines with an SSD holding the C: drive, and personal files on an internal rotational drive, as in my case. (My programs are also on the SSD).

Mr. Thurrott advises (see text below) that if the bug continues, create another admin account and the original account will be cured. However, the process of creating another admin account includes the steps shown in the attachment which includes setting an email address and a password. My computer shop set up my new computer specially to make me the administrator without a password or other signing in stuff (I am as sole user). I really don't want to risk ending up with complicating the simplicity of my present method of just starting or waking without any need ever to sign in.

Would it be possible for me to delete the second account without messing up my own admin account?

How to proceed please? Thanks.

Mr. Thurrott: "And if for some reason you’re still experiencing freezing problems after all this, Microsoft recommends creating a second administrator account on your PC, and signing in to that account. Once you do so, your regular account should work fine again."

Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues [​IMG]

Stevekir, Sep 3, 2016
  13. Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues

The only bug first seen with the Threshold 2 update after a couple of months and now returned once again in the RS1 update brings up what was first not found solveable until the repeat performance resulted in finding a deeper hidden MS Answers replay to one two page thread pointing to a WinHelpOnline reference that outlines the lack of a folder descriptions entry in the registry that had been replaced previously by the available Insider build at the time and not seen until the RS1 arrived in all that time! http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/er...rs-windows-10/

The VMs would be stubborn at seeing the automatic sign in at startup but never froze up during boot. That was recently remedied however with one of the RS1 still preview builds.

Night Hawk, Sep 3, 2016
  14. All that sounds very plausible and noting my new Haswell Core i5 PC in the specs runs a lot cooler by very nearly half at the CPU with the same workload and much cooler on the mainboard and overall inside in a larger HP OEM case. and no freezing on 3 other Intel PC's here .

I'm not seeing any random freeze problems on the 14393 .rs1 AU on this new PC in my spec. or 14915.rs on this SSD or using the external storage or 14905 same configuration when I rolled that in from an ESD I had despite it's other issues .

No freezing on 3 other Intel CPU PC here including 2 Core i7 and even after asking family users when they were on ..10586 th2 and now on 14393 .rs1 AU .

OTOH my 6 yr old HP PC now with a fried mainboard & AMD II x6 had the random freeing since at least the first th.2 builds stable or beta (didn't matter) all along up to 14905 before it fried that mainboard and I got this new Haswell Core i5 desktop delivered on 08.24.16

The dead upgraded 2010 HP /AMD PC was not particular about which Windows 10 OS to freeze including the betas or which HDD or the SSD or storage drive being used it would freeze on either .

That HP/upgraded to AMD Phen. II x6 and other upgrades and new storage drives along the way was at the end of its plausible upgradability and was 2010 AMD Phenom II x6 K10 ancient but SRSLY not bad outside of the random freezing with the faster than metal SSD in it .

I never saw the loading /log-on freezing at all though and that old dog would randomly freeze without warning and spike CPU and HDD use and take at least a minute or so to recover and not seeing that on the 3 Intel PC's here all along I was finally prompted to shop a new Intel PC anyway.*really

I was actually very nearly about to order this new PC when the old dog died anyway for the usual Intel performance , UEFI advantages today and the newer Haswell plus Intel CPU instructions and so on . .

AMD doesn't have anything plausible for me anymore ,YMMV even their room heating Flagship FX CPU gets bested by at Intel Core i3 in PC gaming .

I just pulled up the most favorable bookmark and ordered it and it was here 4 days later and no random freezing in this one dual booting 14393.rs1 AU I rolled in on OEM /OS & metal and clean installed 14915 on the SSD I put in it .

I paid my AMD dues more than once and regrettably a Pentium 4 when they were new , I'm done with AMD fior now and I never had a PC for 6 years for my daily driver & upgrades notwithstanding anyway .*really

electronuser, Sep 4, 2016
  15. The problems you described there weren't from AMD but the HP board going toast on you. As far as the main I will be keeping the RS1 on that while the second saw the 901 rolled back to the RS1 when going to examine the Recovery option. That went as if there hadn't even been any 901, 905, or 915 Insider build on at all there being one thing on the list of items to check off before seeing the Get insider builds option restarted again.

Here I have been running with the Phenom II Black Edition 965(dual core) first in the main replaced by the 975(quad core) having missed out on the 980 and moved the 965 into the second desktop used remotely as well as for testing and not one iota as far as performance hits. When considering the if and when for the next new build I would be pondering on the much newer Octocore(8 core) type series cpus since AMD has always had a work horse cpu that generally runs cooler to begin with.

As for the bulk of people running into log in freezing as well as problems with sticky driver issues I mainly here that from those running Intel and NVidia graphics while haven't been hearing hardly any AMD/ATI Catalyst type issues as had been seen in years past I hate to see AMD going south however since I've been pushing the main quite a bit harder at times then the test build ever sees despite upgrading a few things like how much ram and adding in a larger drive. Still have 7 as well as 10 running on both as well while it seems as though 10 will be taking over since 7 is now hardly been booted into except for a few tests at times with 3rd party wares.

Night Hawk, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Fixes Freezing

2. Fix Windows 10 Freezing 2023

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Windows 10 Freezing 2023: Let's try the most common fixes first for Windows 10 Freezes, then if those don't help go over Windows most thoroughly to find and fix and System problems. Finally we'll test the hardware to see if any faults exist that can cause freezing. If you get stuck just ask for help...
  3. Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10: Following the release of March 2021 cumulative updates, users started reporting serious problems, including issues with certain printers and games. While the printer issue was immediately patched, Windows 10’s bug that resulted in performance issues somehow slipped into the...
  4. Is there a fix for Windows 10 freezing ?

Is there a fix for Windows 10 freezing ?: I just bought new HP 22 all in one , running Windows 10 and it keeps freezing; is there a fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-fix-for-windows-10-freezing/c0b971e4-27fd-4ecf-85ab-e163b124efd4
  5. Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues: Windows 10 appears to be getting a new server-side update and it’s one that you might want to apply if you’ve been having any kind of performance issues, such as stuttering, flickering or text rendering issues when playing certain games. As we reported recently, performance...
  6. Window 10 Freezing Issues

Window 10 Freezing Issues: A couple months ago I started having issues where Windows would randomly just freeze up. This started around the same time that my GPU was starting to have problems and had to send in for repair with the MFG. I then bought a new GPU and upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram and...
  7. Fix Microsoft issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix Microsoft issue: I keep getting a message that I need to fix an issue with my account; however, when I sign in, it tells me the email address is used by another account. When I signed in to ask a question, I didn't have any issues. Please advise....
  8. Windows 10 freeze issue

Windows 10 freeze issue: I have a lenovo y50-70 notebook. I am using Windows 10. Last night while ı am playing a game called cs-go the screen froze. Nothing responded. I shut down by pressing the shutdown button. After restart ı entered my credentials desktop opened but after a couple of minutes it...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing Issue

Windows 10 Freezing Issue: Hewo! Recently my computer has been freezing alot, it always freezes at random times and after a random amount of seconds it un-freezes. Sometimes when the computer freezes for over 10 seconds the internet disconnects and i need to re-plug it, and if over 60 seconds it can...
  10. Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues: Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues Microsoft Promises Fix For The Windows 10 Store Issues - Windows 10 News and Updates 38934