Windows 10: Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update

Discus and support Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released an out-of-band update for the Windows 10 versions 2004, 20H2 and 21H1, that addresses a PDF display issue in these versions of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 1, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update

Microsoft released an out-of-band update for the Windows 10 versions 2004, 20H2 and 21H1, that addresses a PDF display issue in these versions of the Windows 10 operating system.

The issue is listed as one of the known issues of Windows 10 versions 2004, 20H2 and 21H1 on the release health dashboard on Microsoft's website. It was opened on June 25, 2021 and resolved on June 29, 2021 according to the published information.

The issue affects the rendering of PDF documents in Internet Explorer 11 and in applications that use the 64-bit version of the WebBrowser control if the Adobe Acrobat plug-in is used.

Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update KB5004760-fix-pdf-display-issue.png

Microsoft describes the issue in the following way:

After installing KB5003637 or later updates, Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) or apps using the 64-bit version of the WebBrowser control might fail to open PDFs or may render as just a gray background using the Adobe Acrobat plug-in. Note Internet Explorer is only affected if Enable 64-bit Processes for Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled in the Advanced tab in Internet Options.

Microsoft published a workaround earlier, suggesting that users should open the PDF documents directly in the Adobe Acrobat application. The second suggested workaround was to disable the setting Enable 64-bit Processes for Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer 11; that option would resolve the issue only in IE11 and not in other applications.

The out-of-band update is not available via Windows Update at this point. Administrators may download it from the Microsoft Update Catalog website to install it manually on affected devices. The installation of the update resolves the issue and PDF documents should once again render correctly in Internet Explorer 11 and applications that use the 64-bit version of the WebBrowser.

For WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) deployment, it is necessary that the May 11, 2021 cumulative update is installed prior to installing this update according to Microsoft.

The update will likely be included in the July 2021 Patch Tuesday cumulative update, which will be out on July 12, 2021.

Now You: how do you view PDF documents on your systems?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 1, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

i cant say for sure what might be causing problems for those who are experiencing issues, but I figured it couldnt hurt to point this out to those who might not be aware of it, it is ONLY effecting Insider program members. as far as M$ has announced.

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop

jboydgolfer, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update

1. Microsoft fixes Windows 10 PFD display issue with KB5004760 update - Similar Threads - Microsoft fixes PFD

2. Microsoft fixes Windows 10 audio issues in the latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes Windows 10 audio issues in the latest update: A recently-found audio bug in Windows 10 has just been fixed by Microsoft, but at the moment it’s only available to people who download and install the latest optional preview update (KB5003690). For those unaware, after recent cumulative updates, Windows 10 users have been...
  3. Display issues after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display issues after windows 10 update: Hi, Just after the recent update September end immidiately after updating Windows my graphics have become much worse blurryness and less sharpness of detail I see it on desktop in games, never had this issue. Please do t say its my drives because I have uninstalled and and...
  4. Windows update display issue.

Windows update display issue.: After updating my windows 10 recently on my Asus Tuf A15 Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660TI laptop, my HDMI port no longer works My second monitor receives no signal, my laptop screen brightness cannot be adjusted and windows night light is not functioning. Additionally I cannot open...
  5. Windows 10 display issues after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display issues after update: Usually I use my ideapad flex connected to a second display and for the past week or so I was just mainly using a second screen keeping the main laptop screen off. Now I can't get the laptop screen to turn back on. I was only able to get the laptop touchscreen to power on if...
  6. PFD files in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PFD files in windows 10 ?: where are my PFD files in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pfd-files-in-windows-10/025f9876-3038-4c78-885b-29e981cad1e6"
  7. Display issues with WIndows 10 updates

Display issues with WIndows 10 updates: I have a GeForce 310 video card. Every time when Windows 10 updates, the monitor doesn't display correctly. I am running the most current drivers for the video card. Looking for some help. Thanks...
  8. Microsoft is fixing Windows Update issues on Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing Windows Update issues on Windows 10 v1903: Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 KB4508433 with at least three important fixes to improve Windows Update experience. Windows 10 KB4508433 is supposed to replace the KB4506933, which is also a servicing stack update. As Microsoft explains, KB4508433 improves Windows 10’s...
  9. Microsoft Please Fix this issue in 1803 update (Creators Update) Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Please Fix this issue in 1803 update (Creators Update) Windows 10.: I Did a little research and I found that I wasn't the only one who was dealing with a problem on Bluetooth audio Playback Devices. A lot of Bluetooth speakers, Headphones, Headsets etc. Have a common problem in the newer update for windows 10. When these devices are connected...
  10. Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues: Good news! Microsoft revealed that it has solved the freezing issues that have bedeviled Windows 10 users who installed the Anniversary Update, upgrading them to version 1607. And it has released a Windows Update that fixes the problem. “After the launch of the Anniversary...