Windows 10: Microsoft fixes Windows 10 search bar fault

Discus and support Microsoft fixes Windows 10 search bar fault in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Dozens posted on social media that Windows Search had stopped working for them on Wednesday morning. Users said that when they used the desktop search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft fixes Windows 10 search bar fault

Dozens posted on social media that Windows Search had stopped working for them on Wednesday morning.

Users said that when they used the desktop search tool it brought up a blank box rather than related results.

Hours after it was first reported, the company said it "resolved" the problem for most users but some may need to restart their computers.

"This issue has been resolved for most users and in some cases you may need to reboot your machine," it said.

Source: Microsoft fixes Windows 10 search bar fault - BBC News

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 6, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

I guess who still uses windows 7 has this problem, Microsoft is forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10

Knoxx29, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft fixes Windows 10 search bar fault - Similar Threads - Microsoft fixes search

2. how to fix windows 11 search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix windows 11 search bar: My windows 11 search abr for some reason is not responding to anything i type out. This also happens to my search bar in the settingsI have tried many suggestions to fix this from this comment linked...
  3. how to fix windows 11 search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix windows 11 search bar: My windows 11 search abr for some reason is not responding to anything i type out. This also happens to my search bar in the settingsI have tried many suggestions to fix this from this comment linked...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Bar: My search bar isn't working. So basically, every time i press on the search bar or click the windows icon the search bar doesn't work. Neither file explorer search bar, etc. Anyone know a fix? Tried restarting my computer several times. Even tried to factory reset my...
  5. Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar: I used to be able to search the web with the search bar in the taskbar, but now it won't let me. If I try to, it will say no results. How do I fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar/e5306fd1-7e97-47bb-b043-f31ffa973f92
  6. Microsoft search bar USELESS PLEASE FIX !

in Cortana
    Microsoft search bar USELESS PLEASE FIX !: ***moved on english forum*** Hello Microsoft, I writing this because I grew EXTREMELY TIRED of your incompetence of creating an actually working search bar. Can you explain to me HOW it is possible for it to not found the correct files even when you type them correctly,...
  7. Search bar for Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar for Windows 10: Hello, my search bar for W10 doesn't work, i can't type anything. I've already tried the Microsoft support chat, the tachnician reinstalled my OS, but i didn't do anything. I ran Windows Defender, complete and offline, but it didn't acused anything. I don't know what to do...
  8. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  9. Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Block Internet Searches in Search Bar Windows 10: Hi, I spent a lot of time configuring the certain sites I wanted my son to visit. Then I caught him searching almost any site on the web with the search bar in Windows 10. I don't see anywhere within Microsoft Family to block or restrict that content. How can I do this?...
  10. Windows 10 Search Bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar: Hello, I can't type anything in my windows 10 search bar. Nothing happens! Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? Thanks to all for your assistance in this matter. Christine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft fixes Windows 10 search bar fault

2. windows 10 search fault