Windows 10: Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan

Discus and support Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft on Monday highlighted how it plans to combine it Azure cloud service and Windows 10 to be more of an Internet of things player. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan

Read more: Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 15, 2015
  2. xen osn Win User

Can Windows 10 use my Office 365 Account for Sign In?

Yes this works well as I log-in to both Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) / Windows 10 Pro (x64) OS using my Office 365 E5 plan w/ these Add-ons

Azure Active Directory Premium P2

Azure Information Protection P2

It now works correctly & w/ a clean install of these OS w/ the onmicrosoft.com login & correct password this works Please do be aware to configure your Azure logins correctly together w/ Office 365 E5 if using this plan as I do!

Microsoft Azure also works w/ Windows Server 2016 Datacenter (Desktop Experience) which you'll be required to log-in w/ your domain as this is what I was told to do by Microsoft Office 365 Support - as the domain service has to be deployed together w/ Azure
    upon this server as w/out it you'll only be able to use an Add-on Outlook.com account!

Regards,

Xen.

xen osn, Mar 15, 2015
  3. lsanil Win User
    Windows Passport for Work

I am looking to find some information on Internet to implement Microsoft Passport for Work for Enterprises. We are a small Microsoft shop with various applications from other vendors. We use Google Apps for our productivity applications and use Microsoft
    Windows workstations joined to AD environment. We run PKI using Microsoft Enterprise CAs. Most common login is by Smart Cards. But to reduce some of the infrastructures costs, we would like to evaluate if Microsoft Passport is an option for newer Windows 10
    devices. We already have third party MDM (Xen Mobile from Citrix) to manage iOS, and Android devices. We do not have any dependency on Azure AD.

Most of my research online indicates that Azure AD is required for Microsoft Passport to work with in Enterprises. Is this true? Can it only work with AD and not depend on Azure AD? Signing up for Azure AD for this very purpose seems like an over kill for
    us. If there are ways where Azure AD is not required, could you please point me to some docs?

I also read online that custom IDPs will be supported based on FIDO protocol. Not sure if this is required as we hope to leverage out of box integration with AD.

To conclude, could you please confirm or deny if Azure AD is required for AD on premise users in Enterprise scenarios? If Azure AD is required, are there any plans to support deployments with non Azure AD in your road map? If Azure AD is not required, could
    you please point me to some details?

Thank you,

lsanil, Mar 15, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan

1. Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan - Similar Threads - Microsoft fleshes Azure

2. Microsoft Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Azure: How do I customize my own ISO's like from disc's and upload them to the virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-azure/dcb78299-0315-4c5b-9dd4-d27da16952ee
  3. Microsoft Azure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Azure: If I create Azure Student account, will I have to pay later the $100 after the trial? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-azure/fccc2654-f30d-4bfa-ac49-159b1b1f4aaf
  4. MIcrosoft azure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MIcrosoft azure: Is there anyway I can get 3 months free trial of azure without credit card or phone number. P.S I have changed the topic to random because none is related to Microsoft azure...
  5. Question: Is Microsoft planning on disabling Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in 2021?...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question: Is Microsoft planning on disabling Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in 2021?...: A big feature in Internet Explorer 11 I would really miss is MHTML support, especially from personal OneDrive! If you apply for a government job, including the United States Postal Service, they need you on IE 11. They’re well aware it’s not very polished, but government work...
  6. No internet, but Internet is working. Microsoft suite is only thing not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, but Internet is working. Microsoft suite is only thing not working: I have had this ongoing issue with internet. I turn on my computer and it says I'm not connected to the internet but am able to browse the web and download just fine. When I go to use PowerPoint or other Microsoft products like my Onedrive (which I pay for monthly) it...
  7. Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows: Beginning January 2020, Microsoft’s outdated internet games will stop functioning on Windows 7 machines. In a new announcement, Microsoft has revealed that it plans to discontinue the internet-based games such as Checkers, Spades on Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows ME...
  8. Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10: Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge browser is trying to provide enterprises with a rich set of tools to address their compatibility concerns. Chromium Edge will ship with a built-in Internet Explorer mode that would help enterprise users continue using their existing legacy...
  9. Accessing the fleshed out size pc-version of Onenote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Accessing the fleshed out size pc-version of Onenote: Hey! I have Win. 10 but have the limited functioning version of Onenote (for phones and such). I discovered that a more in depth version is available, but do not know how to find a download. (some downloads simply stop when they discover my system has the 10 version of the...
  10. Windows 10 IoT: Powering the Internet of Things

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT: Powering the Internet of Things: Microsoft is making big investments in the Internet of Things (IoT). Earlier this week at Microsoft Convergence 2015, Satya outlined our investments for IoT across Windows and Azure that will provide a comprehensive IoT offering for our customers and partners. In parallel, at...