Windows 10: Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

Discus and support Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Anyone else having this issue? Not even getting to game launch screen. Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simon241_566, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

Anyone else having this issue?

Not even getting to game launch screen.

Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very High"

I chatted to a Microsoft agent but they could only suggest that it is due to high demand on launch day.

:)

Simon241_566, Aug 18, 2020

2. Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

It seems and feels Windows 10 will be a tremendous success with mandatory, optional or even no updates... The average user does not care about this so much, and they are what!? 90% of their user base!?

Just my opinion based on what I have seen so far. *Roll Eyes Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success  [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates... :rolleyes:

Will I upgrade/change to Windows 10? *Confused Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success  [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates... :confused: If you know me, you know the answer.

Blue-Knight, Aug 18, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

I can see this forced updating to become a major clusterfuck of driver/update issues. I mean, it's not like drivers or updates have EVER caused any problems...

Drivers on Windows Update were always shit, especially the graphic ones and I've had really stupid problems with monitor drivers as well (it fucked up my entire color profile) and the wireless driver also fucked up my laptop twice. And the Silverlight, I don't install that crap for a reason. I don't need it. So why would I want a potential security concern software on my system if I dont' need it!?

I really don't understand what's Microsoft trying to achieve here. Deliver security updates as mandatory thing, absolutely. But leave drivers and other optional crap out of my fucking way.

RejZoR, Aug 18, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Microsoft makes updates mandatory in W10 for everyone except for enterprise users. This is good in that it keeps one's Windows fully updated at all times, but I think there are a few downsides to forcing users to have the latest updates.

- How will they handle updates and reboots to minimise disruption to workflow? For gamers, imagine some fat updates installing in the middle of an intense online game. It would completely wreck it with tanking framerates, lagging and potential errors, as well as bombing out of the game. Presumably Microsoft have thought of this and will avoid such scenarios.

- Bandwidth limits. Many people don't have high bandwidth internet access and on top of that they may not have an unlimited usage quota. Being forced to download the updates would cause problems, especially with using up allocated bandwidth and either being shut off, throttled or having to pay more for it.

- It gives Microsoft an easy way to force updates which are only in their own interests and not in those of the user's. The one I can think of is the product activation anti-tampering update 971033 which many people avoided since it was very intrusive, checking up on an installation every month. A later version stopped this behaviour after a public outcry. However, such outcries might be ineffective if one has to accept every update. This last point is the biggest reason in my book to be against such forced updates.

What do you all think? Check out the article and let me know.

www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/16/windows_10_will_update_whether_you_like_it_or_not_unless_you_have_enterprise_edition

qubit, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0: I recently bought the game via steam and have downloaded it onto a hard drive as the game is massive and I don’t have space on my computer for it.Whenever I start the mandatory update, it gets approx 2gb in and then constantly resets back to 0. I have tried deleting package...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0: I recently bought the game via steam and have downloaded it onto a hard drive as the game is massive and I don’t have space on my computer for it.Whenever I start the mandatory update, it gets approx 2gb in and then constantly resets back to 0. I have tried deleting package...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...: Hi, i bought MFS on steam and made the istalation for the game launcher on steam. After game start the send me a message that I have mandatory updade. After start the download when it's in 33% showing the message [303/352] - Descompressing fs-base-0.1.229.fspackage.002 the...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...: Hi, i bought MFS on steam and made the istalation for the game launcher on steam. After game start the send me a message that I have mandatory updade. After start the download when it's in 33% showing the message [303/352] - Descompressing fs-base-0.1.229.fspackage.002 the...
  6. FS2020 Mandatory Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FS2020 Mandatory Update: Flight Sim 2020 Mandatory update screen when starting up but there is no update in Shop Does not allow the program to load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-mandatory-update/3f63cd4d-13c3-4a5b-a107-ab86cc3eb8a7
  7. FS2O20 Mandatory update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2O20 Mandatory update: I just installed this update and it changed how all the buttons work like altitude, vertical speed. You know have to scroll with the mouse wheel to change and cannot set the height/speed like before. I can adjust the altitude but not put the botton to set it as the new...
  8. The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install: My Flight Sim recently demanded I install a mandatory update, this i did and after a fairly substantial download, and then to be sure that the system was up to date ran windows update and then rebooted.When it was back i opened FS and it said checking for updates and then...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update won't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update won't start: So I finally got a joystick! They were hard to find but I managed to borrow one. Nevermind that it's designed for right handers and I'm left handed - I'll make do. Anyway, now I'm all ready to play but when I start it it says there's a mandatory update and to go to the...
  10. No Sound After Mandatory Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound After Mandatory Update: My windows 10 machine updated a couple weeks ago and it no longer outputs any sound. Over the taskbar sound icon there is a red x. I've tried several combinations of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and none have produced results. The only next step I can think of is a...