Windows 10: "Microsoft" folder in %localappdata% missing

Discus and support "Microsoft" folder in %localappdata% missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been trying to access the "VisualStudio" folder that should be in the "Microsoft" folder and noticed that it doesn't exist.I've tried reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MannieJenselius, May 12, 2021.

1. "Microsoft" folder in %localappdata% missing

I've been trying to access the "VisualStudio" folder that should be in the "Microsoft" folder and noticed that it doesn't exist.I've tried reinstalling Visual Studio many times already to no success. I'll probably just reinstall Windows but only if there aren't any other solutions.

:)

MannieJenselius, May 12, 2021

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 12, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Weird %LocalAppData% Folder Names

Using EVERYTHING search on exe_url, i get

"Microsoft" folder in %localappdata% missing [​IMG]

And pick one of the PatchMyPC folders, and expanding with Tree Size, they do all contain a config file.

f14tomcat, May 12, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

"Microsoft" folder in %localappdata% missing

Weird %LocalAppData% Folder Names

Using Everything on my Win 7 with users moved to D:

Megahertz, May 12, 2021
Thema:

"Microsoft" folder in %localappdata% missing

1. "Microsoft" folder in %localappdata% missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft folder %localappdata%

2. localappdata deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    localappdata deleted: Hi, recently my Roblox keeps crashing, I tried few of steps om Google, and one of them are run %localappdata% and delete all of the files inside of it, and yeah, I tried them and deleted all the files from my computer, now I can't even some apps and uninstall. Is there...
  3. localappdata deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    localappdata deleted: Hi, recently my Roblox keeps crashing, I tried few of steps om Google, and one of them are run %localappdata% and delete all of the files inside of it, and yeah, I tried them and deleted all the files from my computer, now I can't even some apps and uninstall. Is there...
  4. localappdata deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Information regarding "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" folder appearing in %LOCALAPPDATA%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information regarding "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" folder appearing in %LOCALAPPDATA%: HiRecently I saw a new folder called "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" appear in my Local App Data, upon searching some said that this folder may be potentially very harmful to the PC. I would be very grateful if someone could help me identify this folder's nature and whether it is...
  6. Information regarding "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" folder appearing in %LOCALAPPDATA%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information regarding "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" folder appearing in %LOCALAPPDATA%: HiRecently I saw a new folder called "PlaceholderTileLogoFolder" appear in my Local App Data, upon searching some said that this folder may be potentially very harmful to the PC. I would be very grateful if someone could help me identify this folder's nature and whether it is...
  7. Weird %LocalAppData% Folder Names

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird %LocalAppData% Folder Names: Every computer that I have owned since using Windows 7 has suffered from this issue at times. Does anyone know why? Some folders (or sub-folders) in %LocalAppData% sometimes get renamed to Folder Name followed by .exe_Url then a long random string of text. Typically these...
  8. help with %localappdata%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help with %localappdata%: I wanted to delete the game, but in the process I found a bunch of unfamiliar folders in this folder and deleted half of them. Now what will my PC explode? Explain to me the meaning of this folder %localappdata% submitted by /u/tesfayeonfroy [link] [comments]...
  9. I can't delete my discord folder in LocalAppData.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete my discord folder in LocalAppData.: Hello, I recently tried to uninstall and reinstall discord because it wasn't working properly, but I can't reinstall discord because apparently there is still a file in LocalAppData. I have looked through the Properties of the file and it says "You must have Read permissions...
  10. What is "%localappdata%\Programs" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is "%localappdata%\Programs" ?: Is this the location of where programs are installed for a specific user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-localappdataprograms/a3a349c3-cd93-48d5-acb9-760d4a2f489a"