Windows 10: Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

Discus and support Microsoft forced update destroyed my system. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Laurence_H, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has completely destroyed the Windows bootup. Automatic Recovery cannot fix it. There is no system restore point. The system is mysteriously unable to reset the machine. The installation is, in effect, totally destroyed. The device cannot access wifi. My computer has been reduced to a flat brick. It is a refurbished tablet. I do not have media from which to reinstall. The OEM installation discs are back at the computer store where I bought it, with the license key. Microsoft has left me in a worse state than if I had been hacked. On top of this, they provide no support whatsoever. I paid for the product. Microsoft destroyed it. I am left holding my doodle. Microsoft says, apparently, tough ****. How is it possible 1/ that this rubbish can still happen, and 2/ Microsoft can still get away with it?

As to what I am now supposed to do, God only knows.

:)

Laurence_H, Feb 24, 2020
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Feb 24, 2020
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

Microsoft forced updates

Hello,

A driver is a program that controls a device that is connected to your computer. Having an outdated driver after installing a Windows update may cause functionality issues due to incompatibility and this may be the reason you're experiencing screen flickering.
    To resolve the said issue, we suggest that you refer
    here
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for screen flickering in Windows 10.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

1. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system. - Similar Threads - Microsoft forced update

2. Microsoft System Update forced restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft System Update forced restarts: This:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-need-absolute-control-over-restarts/502c417e-63e7-4474-8fbe-2239a3ab295a?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=83e0420d-5297-4310-9bcc-b8c7b8d53646There have been many requests for this. No answers, only...
  3. Microsoft System Update forced restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft System Update forced restarts: This:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-need-absolute-control-over-restarts/502c417e-63e7-4474-8fbe-2239a3ab295a?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=83e0420d-5297-4310-9bcc-b8c7b8d53646There have been many requests for this. No answers, only...
  4. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  5. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  6. Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.: How do I recover my cursor without losing hours worth of work? Microsoft just did a forced update. When it restarted I have no cursor. I can't reopen my tabs without a cursor. I can't do anything. Essentially Microsoft just destroyed my computer with a forced update....
  7. Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely: Windows live update September-october 2020 drivers update and install failure with the 2004 version win 10 pro I had done the media creation took process and every other process thats been listed to sort it. I also had the nvidia geforce gtx970 vga card device drivers...
  8. Destroyed Operating system

Destroyed Operating system: Im running Windows 10 on my dell latitude e6500 and in am attempt to free up some space i delete some files and my **** deleted files sysWOW64, system32 and a lot of other essential services and drivers needed for my os to actually operate. It wont boot, cannot restart,...
  9. Microsoft forced update wipes my data

Microsoft forced update wipes my data: I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed thatall off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was...
  10. Microsoft update has destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update has destroyed my pc: This is making me sick in my stomach. You guys make it impossible to sue you then you ruin everyone's PC I think maybe I will open a RICO case on you friggin ass and see if that sticks....