Windows 10: Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.

Discus and support Microsoft forced update removed my cursor. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I recover my cursor without losing hours worth of work? Microsoft just did a forced update. When it restarted I have no cursor. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristianR1957, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.

How do I recover my cursor without losing hours worth of work?

Microsoft just did a forced update. When it restarted I have no cursor. I can't reopen my tabs without a cursor. I can't do anything. Essentially Microsoft just destroyed my computer with a forced update.

I had about 80 tabs open and was writing a research document. If I can't reopen my tabs I have lost hours worth of work. How can I recover my cursor?

My computer is an old HP 8540 Elitebook that Staples sold refurbished 2 & 1/2 years ago. It has Windows 10, Office 365, and Chrome latest version.

My computer ability is low-intermediate. I need some kind of help but Microsoft's online chat help feature is worthless. I can't even sign in to my account if I have no cursor.

How can this be fixed?

:)

ChristianR1957, Apr 16, 2021
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Apr 16, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.

Microsoft Issues Updated Animated Cursor Patch

Microsoft has released an updated version of its MS07-017 patch that fixes some incompatibility problems with the animated cursor vulnerability patch. Early installers of the original 925902(MS07-017) patch that was issued on Tuesday reported seeing error messages with their Realtek HD Audio Control panel. In addition to Realtek, users of three lesser known programs could be affected. Those programs are ElsterFormular, TUGZip and CD-Tag. Microsoft says the problem appears because of the user32.dll and the hhctrl.ocx files have the same memory address after the patch. You can download the updated 935448 patch from here.

Source: TG Daily

malware, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft forced update removed my cursor.

1. Microsoft forced update removed my cursor. - Similar Threads - Microsoft forced update

2. Can the black screen with cursor be forced?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the black screen with cursor be forced?: I have one student who inevitably "experiences" the exact same problem no matter which of my classroom laptops he is using- after turning on the computer Windows 10, the laptop goes to the black screen with the cursor showing. I know how to fix this issue, but it happens to...
  3. Can the black screen with cursor be forced?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can the black screen with cursor be forced?: I have one student who inevitably "experiences" the exact same problem no matter which of my classroom laptops he is using- after turning on the computer Windows 10, the laptop goes to the black screen with the cursor showing. I know how to fix this issue, but it happens to...
  4. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  5. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  6. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft 10 forced update blacked my laptop

Microsoft 10 forced update blacked my laptop: Who do i talk to about replacing my laptop and the intellectual property on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-forced-update-blacked-my-laptop/51c6d77e-5bfa-4f23-898f-866d0fa26641
  8. Microsoft forced update removed my laptop sign in and replaced it with some "live" bs I...

Microsoft forced update removed my laptop sign in and replaced it with some "live" bs I...: Now I can't log into my own laptop I've never changed the password on since 2012! What can I do to reverse this Nazi Gestapo Microsoft take over?...
  9. Microsoft forced update wipes my data

Microsoft forced update wipes my data: I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed thatall off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was...
  10. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.: A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has completely destroyed the Windows bootup. Automatic Recovery cannot fix it. There is no system restore point. The system is...