Windows 10: Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

Discus and support Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have 2 devices, One device when I try to log in forces me to change the password, but now I've forgotten it. That device is connected to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Quintinsu, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Quintinsu Win User

Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

So I have 2 devices,

One device when I try to log in forces me to change the password, but now I've forgotten it.

That device is connected to an outlook account which I can log in.

Is there any way to recovery the password for that device?

Thanks

:)

Quintinsu, Oct 26, 2018

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

Unable to change the password on my Local PC Windows 10 lock screen.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already changed my Microsoft password following those exact steps in the link. I was able to successfully change my Microsoft password but that doesn't do anything to the local screen lock password on my pc. That
    password is still the same and was set up before I got Windows 10 last year. When I enter ctrl, atl, delete I don't get the option to change my password like in previous Windows versions.

Garrett555, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

1. Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out - Similar Threads - Microsoft forces change

2. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer: I read somewhere that you can have no password so that you just press enter when it asks for password and it'll sign you in. I tried doing that but now when I try to sign in I get "incorrect password" every time, even when I try my old password...
  3. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer: I read somewhere that you can have no password so that you just press enter when it asks for password and it'll sign you in. I tried doing that but now when I try to sign in I get "incorrect password" every time, even when I try my old password...
  4. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...: Being connected to a microsoft account has completely screwed me and made me lose everything. Googled around seems there is no fix to this error. Tried getting rid of the pin using the jank “cancel” method but when you try to sign in again it says that you have no pin and...
  6. The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...: Being connected to a microsoft account has completely screwed me and made me lose everything. Googled around seems there is no fix to this error. Tried getting rid of the pin using the jank “cancel” method but when you try to sign in again it says that you have no pin and...
  7. The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week?: Last week, I was prompted to change my Windows password. I did. This morning, I was prompted again to change my password. (I did.) Is this a thing now? Is there a way to change the frequency of this? submitted by /u/znoone [link] [comments]...
  9. Downloaded Microsoft Office through my school, and now I'm locked out of changing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded Microsoft Office through my school, and now I'm locked out of changing...: So I downloaded Microsoft Office for free using my school email account, and after downloading all that and Microsoft teams or whatever, the background on my desktop turned black and when I go into the settings to change it I get the following error:...
  10. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer: I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changed my outlook password and now locked out