Windows 10: Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

Discus and support Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two free Microsoft free games, one is Hearts Deluxe, the other is another hearts. When I open them to play and start playing they boot back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Weevil, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Weevil Win User

Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

I have two free Microsoft free games, one is Hearts Deluxe, the other is another hearts. When I open them to play and start playing they boot back to the desktop icon. I tried deleting one game and re-loading in Control Panel but the same thing is happening with both still. Any clues please?

:)

Weevil, Nov 26, 2018

2. Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 ALT+Tabbing itself while playing games.

Hi,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• Does the issue occur only while playing game?
    • Does the issue occur while using any other apps?
    • Are you referring to Windows Store games or Desktop games?

I would suggest you to make sure that the keys are not pressed by mistake. I would suggest you to restart the computer in clean boot and then try to play the game and check if the issue persists as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

1. Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Free Games

2. crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption: im using windows 10 22h2 updated to latest updates, there is 1 game that keeps crashing to desktop while im playing, the other games doesnt crash, from what i see in the mdmp files it says memory_corruption, what should i doheres what inside the mdmp file Microsoft R Windows...
  3. crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crash to desktop when playing games memory_corruption: im using windows 10 22h2 updated to latest updates, there is 1 game that keeps crashing to desktop while im playing, the other games doesnt crash, from what i see in the mdmp files it says memory_corruption, what should i doheres what inside the mdmp file Microsoft R Windows...
  4. Desktop network drops when playing games and streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop network drops when playing games and streaming: I set up my desktop properly together with strong network at house. At first, the connection was fine and there is no delay on gaming but right now the game will disconnect while on streaming. I updated my network and see if it is up to date. I checked other device and see if...
  5. Windows 11 - Keeps going back to desktop when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Keeps going back to desktop when playing games: Hi thereI have seen this problem listed a few times but as I have just installed Windows 11 I am not sure if they are relevant One references a Microsoft app checker and that page does not seem to existWhen I am playing games in full screen mode the system keeps minimising...
  6. Windows 11 - Keeps going back to desktop when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Keeps going back to desktop when playing games: Hi thereI have seen this problem listed a few times but as I have just installed Windows 11 I am not sure if they are relevant One references a Microsoft app checker and that page does not seem to existWhen I am playing games in full screen mode the system keeps minimising...
  7. Playing a game bought on Microsoft - Being forced to sign in?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Playing a game bought on Microsoft - Being forced to sign in?: I bought a game on the Microsoft store to play on my PC, but when I open it, it is forcing to make an Xbox Live account to play. Why and how do I bypass that?...
  8. MSDOS Games - (Free Online Play)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSDOS Games - (Free Online Play): If anyone that had an old MS-DOS computer, where you had to type commands in order to open a game or software, then this website will take you back to the good ole days. . . Online CLASSIC games 170702
  9. Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played.: Problem with timer running when it shouldn't. Was playing Klondike in an Event on Microsoft Solitaire Collection (3/12/2019). At the option to PLAY or CANCEL, I chose CANCEL, used the back arrow to the Collection menu, then shutdown my pc. Hours later when I resumed the...
  10. Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing: I have two free Microsoft free games, one is Hearts Deluxe, the other is another hearts. When I open them to play and start playing they boot back to the desktop icon. I tried deleting one game and re-loading in Control Panel but the same thing is happening with both still....