Windows 10: Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

Discus and support Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two free Microsoft free games, one is Hearts Deluxe, the other is another hearts. When I open them to play and start playing they boot back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Weevil, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Weevil Win User

Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

I have two free Microsoft free games, one is Hearts Deluxe, the other is another hearts. When I open them to play and start playing they boot back to the desktop icon. I tried deleting one game and re-loading in Control Panel but the same thing is happening with both still. Any clues please?

:)

Weevil, Nov 26, 2018

2. Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 ALT+Tabbing itself while playing games.

Hi,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• Does the issue occur only while playing game?
    • Does the issue occur while using any other apps?
    • Are you referring to Windows Store games or Desktop games?

I would suggest you to make sure that the keys are not pressed by mistake. I would suggest you to restart the computer in clean boot and then try to play the game and check if the issue persists as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

1. Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Free Games

2. Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Free Games being booted back to desktop when playing: I have two free Microsoft free games, one is Hearts Deluxe, the other is another hearts. When I open them to play and start playing they boot back to the desktop icon. I tried deleting one game and re-loading in Control Panel but the same thing is happening with both still....
  3. No audio when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio when playing games: I have a problem where everytime i play games, no sound was coming. but the sound is alright for movie and music other than in games. i have updated the audio driver and windows, i have launched the troubleshooter too but still no audio when in game. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. BSOD When Playing Game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  5. Freezing when playing games

Freezing when playing games: Hi there, in the last few days when playing games (BFBC2, BF3 and Sticky Bomb), my computer has been freezing at various points (sometimes within a minute, sometimes after 2 hours), and on reboot i get BSOD sometimes with different error messages such as...
  6. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I'm getting a DPC Watchdog Violation error when playing DOTA 2, as well as this it also crashes and BSODs on Kerbal Space Program, I used to get infrequent BSODs related to nvlddmkm.sys error but now this happens at the beginning of every game making it completely...
  7. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885
  8. BSOD when playing game

BSOD when playing game: Hello, I have experienced BSOD while playing a game on windows 10. I attached the zip file below. Attachment 122709 Hope somebody can give me a clue what to look for? Milos 78054
  9. Get Rewarded for Playing Free to Play Games on Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    Get Rewarded for Playing Free to Play Games on Xbox One: [img] Free to Play games give you robust, innovative game experiences you crave with the freedom to spend as you want. Now, Xbox Live Rewards members can get in on the fun and personalize their earning potential with limited-time rewards, monthly missions, or both with...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...