Windows 10: Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates

Discus and support Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is committed to delivering comprehensive security updates to our customers. Information about the security updates we release are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates

Source: Furthering our commitment to security updates MSRC

:)

Brink, Nov 7, 2016
  2. quietman7 - MVP, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Rob Koch Win User
    Is Windows Defender enough or do I need additional protection?

Jeff,

Your statements throughout your post indicating that everything you've found in your research is anecdotal is key, since all such individual experience is inherently anecdotal and so becomes a personal opinion.

The true problem though is that everything about PC security is personal experience and since antimalware is always the protection of last resort, it will always be blamed by the typical uneducated consumer as at fault for the failure to protect, even when
    the key reason for the failure was something else entirely.

What I mean here is that the true failure in most cases today isn't the operating system or security software, but rather something else often chosen by the PC owner or user such as:

• installing questionable 3rd-party software including alternative browsers w/inadequate security themselves
    • browsing the Internet in either an impaired state or by those like children with minimal comprehension
    • downloading files or accepting email attachments from an uncertain, untrusted source
    • other more direct social engineering of the PC user by websites or other methods.

Social engineering on rise as vulnerabilities decline: Microsoft

However, getting the typical PC user to take any personal responsibility for their own mistakes is clearly impossible, so the assumption that the security application must be at fault will continue to be the norm for these uneducated individuals.

Since Microsoft understands these things and also that it's impossible to truly protect the Windows operating system 100% of the time, they instead focus on providing the best security they can to protect their customers, while leaving the ultimate decision
    of which security program they use up to the customer himself.

"We are fully committed to protecting our consumer and business customers from malware. Our strong solutions provide the comprehensive defense needed against malicious code and attacks. Our support of antimalware partners helps in building a strong and diverse
    ecosystem to fight malware. "

Our commitment to Microsoft antimalware

Windows Defender: Rise of the machine (learning)

Even when zero-day malware is found to be attacking Windows directly via vulnerabilities, Microsoft does its best to provide protection using all of its resources until a true patch for the vulnerability can be delivered, as in the case of this currently
    ongoing limited attack which is due to be patched this coming "black" Tuesday Nov. 8th.

Our commitment to our customers’ security

So the reason you can't find any simple answers or statements regarding either Windows Defender or the other Microsoft security products is that they don't exist, since if they did they'd clearly be questioned by those in the security community who understand
    these more difficult issues.

Rob

Rob Koch, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates

1. Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Furthering commitment

2. Committing Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Committing Windows Updates: Hi, I am having some issues with users not committing their Windows Updates in a timely fashion. I tried looking into myself but was not finding anything on best practices for committing Windows Updates ie. how long is it recommend to wait to commit the updates after...
  3. microsoft security update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft security update: On 12/1 7/20 my computer downloaded microsoft security update KB4586864. It really slowed down my computer and it will not allow me to uninstall or change this update. I have never encountered this before and would like some advice on how to proceed please....
  4. What is Committed memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Committed memory: [ATTACH] Greetings All, I wanted to know what this committed memory means and why is it more than my ram https://preview.redd.it/caxm92wgqpf51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=aa54909da930cf920e8edff1248e143c85b9cc9c submitted by /u/rayanshchauhan [link]...
  5. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...
  6. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...
  7. Our Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Our Security: Dear Microsoft, How can we take countermeasure against Microsoft according to "That system is jam-packed with malicious functionalities, including surveillance of users, DRM, censorship and a universal back door." found at https://stallman.org/microsoft.html ?...
  8. Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows: Microsoft’s commitment to protecting customers from vulnerabilities in our products, services, and devices includes providing security updates that address these vulnerabilities when they are discovered. We understand that researchers have wanted better clarity around the...
  9. Microsoft: Our continuing commitment to your privacy with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Our continuing commitment to your privacy with Windows 10: At Microsoft, we are deeply committed to protecting our customers’ privacy. This includes providing clear choices and easy-to-use tools that put you in control of how your information is collected and used. Trust is a core pillar of our More Personal Computing vision, and we...
  10. Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.: Important news following the false rumor about the fate of Surface. Contrary to some click-bait headlines, SP3 has garnered some attention and is doing alright I think. Nadella: Microsoft committed to Surface line - Neowin It's really amazing to see these...