Windows 10: Microsoft Game DVR---Recording audio but video does not show

Discus and support Microsoft Game DVR---Recording audio but video does not show in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I record my computer's videos and games sometimes with Microsoft's Game DVR and the result is always successful: it displays both audio and video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnaBaird, Oct 17, 2020.

1. AnaBaird Win User

Microsoft Game DVR---Recording audio but video does not show

So I record my computer's videos and games sometimes with Microsoft's Game DVR and the result is always successful: it displays both audio and video and I'm able to see the video again. However, today I have done the same thing, and the audio worked but the video did not show any images at all. Why is this? I have been taking computer courses to troubleshoot problems and I have been trying to troubleshoot this one, but so far I haven't been able to solve this issue. I've looked at the Event Viewer and the Process Explorer to see what's wrong, I looked at the video's properties and the settings for the Game DVR, and so far I haven't been able to do anything. I have been updating my computer very often these past few months because I'm learning to take care of my computer. Maybe I need to update the Game DVR? I've looked for it in my program files and app list but haven't found it, and then in the Microsoft Store to see if I could find it to update it--so far, no success.

Can you please help me? I've told you what's going on, what happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't, and what attempts I've already done at fixing this. What am I missing and what am I doing wrong? HELP! Thanks.

Sincerely,

Ana Baird

:)

AnaBaird, Oct 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Game DVR audio recording.

Hi Jastin,

The Audio Settings in the Game DVR can be changed so you can disable the Audio when recording game clips. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows + G on your keyboard.
    • Click the Settings icon and go to Audio tab.
    • Uncheck Record audio when I record game clips.

You also have an option if you want to enable or disable audio from your microphone. In the
    Audio settings, you can check or uncheck Record my microphone next time I record a game.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Windows 10 game DVR has high contrast.

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are signed into an Xbox account in Windows 10 you can stop Xbox DVR from running by opening the Xbox app.

I recommend you to follow the methods given below.

Method 1:

• I suggest you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

Refer to this
      Link
      , to update the drivers.

Method 2:

• Open Settings
    • Click on Gaming
    • Click on Game DVR
    • Under the “Recorded audio,” use
      Audio quality drop-down and select 192kbps
    • Under “Recorded Video,” select the
      60FPS Option
    • On “Video quality” select
      High

Once you complete the steps, Game DVR will record game in at 60 FPS with up yo 1080p resolution depending on the game.

Hope it helps.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 17, 2020
  4. cusman Win User

Windows 10 Pro Game DVR not recording Microphone

It used to work than some Microsoft updates later it stopped working. I don't often try to record my microphone so I am not sure when.

I have verified my Windows 10 Game DVR Settings

• Record audio when I record a game: On
    • Turn mic on by default when I record: Checked
    • Record game audio only: Off
    • Recorded Video: 60 fps
    • Video quality: High
    • Capture mouse cursor in recordings: Checked

Additionally, I checked the Microphone Privacy Settings

• Allow apps to access your microphone: On
    • Choose which apps can access your microphone: All On except Cortana and Win32WebViewHost (default settings). I tried turning these on but didn't help.

In case it matters, I am using Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset (https://smile.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Headset-Uncharted-Limited/dp/B01BEELH70). I know the Microphone is working because people I am playing with can hear me just fine. The only issue is Game DVR isn't recording my voice when it is recording both game audio and other player voices.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks

cusman, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Game DVR---Recording audio but video does not show - Similar Threads - Microsoft Game DVR

2. Game DVR not recording only game audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game DVR not recording only game audio.: Basically as the title states, I'm trying to use the Game Bar to record in-game clips from GTA:V which I play in the windowed borderless mode, but it still ends up recording other sounds (Discord among others) as well. Is this a bug or does it have something to do with GTA's...
  3. Does Game DVR record in HEVC or AVC?

Does Game DVR record in HEVC or AVC?: submitted by /u/SomeYotedThing [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2ajsl/does_game_dvr_record_in_hevc_or_avc/
  4. Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings

Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings: Today I recorded about 8 hours of video in about 30 clips with the native game mode. I have recorded previously with no issues, so was not checking each clip for proper playback. At the end of it all, I realized that there was no audio in any of today's captures. After some...
  5. Game DVR not recording videos only taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game DVR not recording videos only taking screenshots: Hello to all, I have Dell Inspiron 15R 7520SE, running Windows 10 May 1903 version, with switchable graphics of AMD Radeon HD7730M (Adrenaline 19.5.1 driver) and Intel HD 4000. Ever since May 1903 upgrade, Game DVR is not recording game videos, neither gamepad nor hotkeys...
  6. No video when recording games with Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video when recording games with Game DVR: Recently when playing games through Steam and using the Game DVR background recording function I have found that when recordings are commanded by default WIN+ALT+G they have no visual content, only audio. I have traced this back to the Windows service xbgm not running. When...
  7. Recording game DVR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording game DVR: I record my games using the game DVR but these clips don’t have a picture, only sound. Just a few games can be recorded with a picture such as Skyrim and KSP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-game-dvr/15bbdfdc-c75f-4e70-8f0d-e841f0018492
  8. Game DVR is not recording all of my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR is not recording all of my audio: So Game DVR has been my main source of recording moments during games for me. A couple of months ago it was working fine, recording all my audio [Game audio, Discord audio (my friend's voices) and my mic's audio]. Everything can be heard in the clips. As of recently, Game...
  9. Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck: This has been happening on my computer and my brothers, and we can't find anything online about it. We've had our computers for over a year now. So, this happens randomly, but sometimes when I record with the DVR the audio will be captured just fine but the video will seem...
  10. Game DVR not recording game audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR not recording game audio: Hi everyone, I've been looking for a fix for ages now, but all forum threads I found were talking about the Game DVR recording no audio at all, while I can hear my microphone, but nothing else *Wink I've tried changing the audio quality, restarting my pc and even recording...