Windows 10: Microsoft game files are strange

Discus and support Microsoft game files are strange in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello So i bought skyrim on pc for the windows store and you cant install a script extender which adds a much more diverse range to mod your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chrislemale, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Microsoft game files are strange

Hello

So i bought skyrim on pc for the windows store and you cant install a script extender which adds a much more diverse range to mod your experience.I found an article from pcgames which says:^^ By default games acquired through the Windows Store, including those on Game Pass for PC, install to unchangeable read-only directories, making them impossible to mod. However, some games have a toggle to alter this, meaning the Game Pass versions of FTL, State of Decay 2, and a handful of others actually can be modded^^

So why are we so limited if we own this game/license and cant do what we want?

:)

chrislemale, Apr 15, 2021

2. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 15, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

Microsoft game files are strange

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft game files are strange

1. Microsoft game files are strange - Similar Threads - Microsoft game files

2. Strange game and laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange game and laptop crashes.: I quite recently got a new laptop, lenovo ideapadGaming.Specs are.:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 11 Home, 23H2NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPUI downloaded some games from the...
  3. Strange game and laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange game and laptop crashes.: I quite recently got a new laptop, lenovo ideapadGaming.Specs are.:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 11 Home, 23H2NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPUI downloaded some games from the...
  4. Strange File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange File: There is a file called ENE in C:/Program Files/ENE. It contains several folders which contain several DDLs and one has an application that does nothing when ran. Looking at some other posts on here, it seems to be related to some RGB application, I do have one on here but...
  5. Strange File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange File: There is a file called ENE in C:/Program Files/ENE. It contains several folders which contain several DDLs and one has an application that does nothing when ran. Looking at some other posts on here, it seems to be related to some RGB application, I do have one on here but...
  6. File with strange name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File with strange name: Hi there, I got a quick question here. What is that file at the bottom with that unreadable strange name? I couldn't delete it. Is it harmful? If so, how could I delete it?...
  7. Strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange files: Earlier this year, I transferred files from my old phone to my computer. Some of the files have this name: ___.gif.trigger. I tried opening the files w/IrfanView, Paint, Notepad, Word, an internet browser; I even removed the .trigger from the name; but nothing I've tried...
  8. Strange file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange file?: Ok so, i am downloading games and that, so i checked if i have enough space Which i do but there is this "music.raw" file which is 335 KG big, should i be worried or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file/c077253a-9f07-48df-9695-313047a83f4d"
  9. Strange Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Files: I've recently discovered some odd things going on with my pc.. First is <?xml version="1.0"?> <DiagnosticResults><ID>NetworkDiagnostics</ID><Name>Windows Network Diagnostics</Name><Publisher>Microsoft...
  10. strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    strange files: I get strange files in doc folder and c; folder.soon as I delete them they show up again. could this be ransome ware.i have cyber reason ransomware installed it popped up when I deleted these files. 102920