Windows 10: Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app

Discus and support Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having problem with one of the games downloaded from microsoft. Just a few months ago it turned into an applicationframehost. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Theamohd, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Theamohd Win User

Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app

Hello, I'm having problem with one of the games downloaded from microsoft. Just a few months ago it turned into an applicationframehost. I tried uninstalling then installed it again, but to no avail, it's just the same. Is there any way to turn it into the game's name again in the windows process? It only happened to one game, others are fine. In the file location, the application is named as 'universal app' instead of the game's name like other microsoft games I downloaded. Thank you.

:)

Theamohd, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Flissa Win User

Universal Apps won't open

Since an update yesterday my universal apps (including Photos) won't open. I get the message 'Photos can't be opened using the Built in Administrator Account. Sign in with a different account and try again.' Same message with other apps. I don't have the built in administrator account active and only have one account on this laptop - mine - which has administrator rights.
    When I restarted my laptop after the update I did notice a small message about settings but it flashed on and off screen so fast I don't really know what it meant but I suspect there was a change made that has caused this problem. I have tried a system restore using several restore points but they failed. I would be very grateful if someone has an answer to this - preferably step by step as I'm not very tech savvy! Thanks. Kind regards .

Worried this to death - finally. I had turned off UAC using a 3rd party tweaker and included the administrator account. Apparently Universal Apps don't run if you do that.

Flissa, Feb 16, 2021
  3. microsoft games

Hi Patti,

Interruption during the update is one of the common reasons why you are having this problem. To help you resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Start and search appwiz.cpl then press
      Enter.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Clear the check-mark before Games.
    • Click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Turn the feature back on by placing a check-mark before Games.
    • Restart the computer again.

Kindly provide us an update, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app

1. Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app - Similar Threads - Microsoft game turned

2. ApplicationFrameHost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ApplicationFrameHost: I keep getting the message Windows cannot find C\WINDOWS\System32\ApplicationFrameHost.exe Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again. I cannot seem to get rid of this. I have run all cmd DISM and scannow and ChkDisk with no errors the ApplicationFrameHost.exe is...
  3. Universal mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  4. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  5. Universal app emulator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal app emulator?: Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are...
  6. Universal Apps won't open

Universal Apps won't open: Since an update yesterday my universal apps (including Photos) won't open. I get the message 'Photos can't be opened using the Built in Administrator Account. Sign in with a different account and try again.' Same message with other apps. I don't have the built in...
  7. Missing most of the Universal Apps

Missing most of the Universal Apps: Not sure why But I have lost most of my Universal apps. The only ones showing is Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Get Office, tips, How do I get them and is there a default setting to reinstall them? Thanks 77547
  8. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...
  9. Microsoft confirms Skype won't be a Universal app for Win 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Skype won't be a Universal app for Win 10: Not seen this mentioned Last week, Microsoft announced that on July 7 it would retire the current "Modern" Skype app made for Windows 8 and 8.1 in favor of the current desktop client. Now a new report offers more information on how Skype will be offered inside Windows 10,...
  10. Microsoft Working on OneDrive Universal App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Working on OneDrive Universal App for Windows 10: A universal app version of OneDrive is in the works as we speak, and during the weekend, the first beta showed up in the store, published by an Internal Beta account, as spotted by@h0x0d. While the app cannot be downloaded, it does provide us with a closer look at...