Windows 10: Microsoft GameInput reconfiguration crashes my pc

Discus and support Microsoft GameInput reconfiguration crashes my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently using a Windows 11 ASUS TUF-FX505DY. I noticed that every time I play games, my laptop usually crashes during and after I play a game.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bujoi117, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Bujoi117 Win User

Microsoft GameInput reconfiguration crashes my pc

I am currently using a Windows 11 ASUS TUF-FX505DY. I noticed that every time I play games, my laptop usually crashes during and after I play a game. So I checked my reliability history, and most crashes come with a "Microsoft GameInput - Successful Application Reconfiguration." I also disabled automatic updates via services.Are there any workarounds for this problem? If so, do these workarounds hinder me from playing any games? I usually play Valorant, Roblox, etc. TYIA

:)

Bujoi117, Aug 16, 2022
  2. creese5 Win User

Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC

UPDATE

On 6/24 Microsoft Gaming Services updated which re-installed the commented out folders which is what I was afraid of. Like clockwork now that the folders are back in place the "successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput crashed my PC during a game session. I'm going to apply the changes Mosen recommended.....but really really wish Microsoft would just fix this known issue already as it appears to have been impacting users for several years now. I'm assuming there are people who do want to use Microsoft Gaming Services and don't want their PC to crash.

creese5, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Microsoft Gameinput Crashes

Is Microsoft going to patch the crashes caused by gameinput reconfiguring and crashing many peoples devices mid game? Im sure people who pay 15 dollars a month for game pass would like to enjoy their subscription to the service and be able to play on xbox and PC. I guess until then some of us are stuck just playing on steam since Microsoft can't fix and issue that's been around for 2 years. Its gotten to the point where I needed to reinstall windows to be able to even use my computer because I was constantly getting bluescreened from Gaming Services reconfiguring Gameinput.

Lil Big M4n, Aug 16, 2022
  4. creese5 Win User

Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC

When playing any of my games launched through Battle.net my entire PC will crash, when checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is preceded by a "Successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput. I have zero need for GameInput and for what I play I have no issues when I uninstall GameInput, but Microsoft forces the install each time my computer restarts.

I've looked for this issue an is appears it started for users with Windows 10 but there's no solution ever found. Microsoft support has people check their drivers, etc (all of my drivers are up to date and Windows is fully up to date) but no actual solution is offered. As far as I'm concerned I own my computer and should be able to determine which services I do or do not have installed on my PC but Microsoft is forcing this buggy install and I am unable to delete or otherwise modify the root folder this application is contained in.

I'm desperate for some sort of solution to this problem and it would be great if Microsoft would fix whatever this issue is. Having to remember to uninstall this app every time I want to play a game on my gaming PC is frustrating.

creese5, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft GameInput reconfiguration crashes my pc - Similar Threads - Microsoft GameInput reconfiguration

2. Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.: Hello, For the past 2 months, after the big Win 11 update, my computer is crashing about 3-4 times daily. Its slowly becomes unresponsive and then everything freezes and I have to reboot manually. Upon closer inspection, I saw through the Reliability History viewer that...
  3. Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.: Hello, For the past 2 months, after the big Win 11 update, my computer is crashing about 3-4 times daily. Its slowly becomes unresponsive and then everything freezes and I have to reboot manually. Upon closer inspection, I saw through the Reliability History viewer that...
  4. Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop: My laptop gets deadlocked whenever microsoft gameinput gets reconfigurated, since a lot of files were corrupt before, I wasn't able to pinpoint the issue til now. Two zip files: ApplicationSystem...
  5. Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop

Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop: My laptop gets deadlocked whenever microsoft gameinput gets reconfigurated, since a lot of files were corrupt before, I wasn't able to pinpoint the issue til now. Two zip files: ApplicationSystem...
  6. Microsoft GameInput reconfiguration crashes my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput reconfiguration crashes my pc: I am currently using a Windows 11 ASUS TUF-FX505DY. I noticed that every time I play games, my laptop usually crashes during and after I play a game. So I checked my reliability history, and most crashes come with a "Microsoft GameInput - Successful Application...
  7. Microsoft GameInput crashing PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft GameInput crashing PC: [ATTACH]As per reports, Microsoft GameInput is crashing their PC – sometimes even causing BSOD. According to the affected users, Windows computer crashes when playing a game, when they checked the Reliability Monitor, they found out that the issue is related to Microsoft...
  8. Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput

Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput: My computer crashes consistently after signing in and not doing anything i.e. I sign in and step away. This usually happens within an hour. I have reinstalled Windows 3 times and still crashing. I have tried a fix renaming the folders in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and...
  9. Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC: When playing any of my games launched through Battle.net my entire PC will crash, when checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is preceded by a "Successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput. I have zero need for GameInput and for what I...
  10. Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC

Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC: When playing any of my games launched through Battle.net my entire PC will crash, when checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is preceded by a "Successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput. I have zero need for GameInput and for what I...