Windows 10: Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files

Discus and support Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am posting this in hopes that someone from MS Staff can help.It seems from my Norton Security software history that Gaming Services is trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DDC_CBD, Jun 30, 2022.

1. DDC_CBD Win User

Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files

I am posting this in hopes that someone from MS Staff can help.It seems from my Norton Security software history that Gaming Services is trying to rewrite Norton core programs. Can someone tell me why.Here are a few instances just in one day.Category: Norton Product Tamper Protection6/30/2022 5:59:16 PM,Info,Unauthorized access blocked Access Process Data,Blocked,No Action Required,6/30/2022 5:59:16 PM,C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINDOWSAPPS\MICROSOFT.GAMINGSERVICES_4.66.22002.0_X64__8WEKYB3D8BBWE\GAMINGSERVICES.EXE,5388,C:\Program Files\Norton Security\Engine\22.22.4.11\NortonSecurity.exe,8440,Access

:)

DDC_CBD, Jun 30, 2022

2. Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files

Recently I have been getting kicked from a minecraft realm and sea of thieves servers and when I went to investigate. I was told to check my firewall which is operated by norton. I check norton nothing seemed off till I opened the security history. Microsoft
    Gaming Services keeps trying to access Norton's files. The file GAMINGSERVICES.EXE keeps trying to access is symerr.exe from norton. Me getting randomly kicked from sea of thieves and minecraft started about a week ago. Gaming Services trying to access norton
    has occurred for AROUND 2 MONTHS EVERY COUPLE OF MINUTES, THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING. Norton didn't even detect any problem from Drive C:\

For the connection problem I have done everything for teredo but no problems, yet...

And my nervous system acts up so I'm freaking out at what is going on because I have no clue what is going on and how to fix it.

I would like a microsoft agent to reply but right now anything that helps will do

Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files b8b879c7-5608-4dea-9e56-00787da5f5f8?upload=true.png

DaDrunkenJug, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 30, 2022
  4. ACBlank Win User

Microsoft Service Blocking Games

What I meant by disabling Microsoft services was the following:

• Leaving "Hide Microsoft Services" unchecked, disable all services
    • Check "Hide Microsoft Services", enable all services
    • Un-check "Hide Microsoft Services", ensure most are still disabled (the ones that cannot be disabled were left enabled).
    This solved the issue for both the games, and the display settings pane.

I have also tried a proper clean boot, disabling all non-MS services, and also disabling any MS services related to "Display", "Graphics", "XBox", and "Gaming" - this did not solve the issue.

Re-registering the settings app did not solve the issue.

Uninstalling the display driver with DDU and reinstalling with the latest AMD driver did not solve the issues.

Turning off non-MS services does not solve the issues (troubleshooting step 4).

Malwarebytes and Bitdefender premium both report no infections (step 7).

SFC and DISM report no issues (step 10).

New Local Admin account does not solve the issues (Step 17).

I am in the process of preparing the Repair Install, and will report back once complete.

ACBlank, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files - Similar Threads - Microsoft Gaming Services

2. How To Contact Norton Customer Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Contact Norton Customer Service?: Norton customer Service +1-202-960-2084 Number is dedicated to assisting users with their security software needs. Whether it's antivirus installation, malware removal, subscription management, or product inquiries, Norton's support team offers expert guidance and solutions....
  3. How To Contact Norton Customer Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Contact Norton Customer Service?: Norton customer Service +1-202-960-2084 Number is dedicated to assisting users with their security software needs. Whether it's antivirus installation, malware removal, subscription management, or product inquiries, Norton's support team offers expert guidance and solutions....
  4. File View Keeps Reverting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File View Keeps Reverting: Unable to select List View for files and folders, keeps reverting to Details. Tried to save under Options, won't allow, keeps reverting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-keeps-reverting/96815897-5938-4b18-b97d-18874f6b1c1c
  5. File View Keeps Reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File View Keeps Reverting: Unable to select List View for files and folders, keeps reverting to Details. Tried to save under Options, won't allow, keeps reverting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-keeps-reverting/96815897-5938-4b18-b97d-18874f6b1c1c
  6. File View Keeps Reverting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files: I am posting this in hopes that someone from MS Staff can help.It seems from my Norton Security software history that Gaming Services is trying to rewrite Norton core programs. Can someone tell me why.Here are a few instances just in one day.Category: Norton Product Tamper...
  8. Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files: I am posting this in hopes that someone from MS Staff can help.It seems from my Norton Security software history that Gaming Services is trying to rewrite Norton core programs. Can someone tell me why.Here are a few instances just in one day.Category: Norton Product Tamper...
  9. Microsoft Gaming Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Gaming Services: Still broken in 2021?Gears 5 kicked me out whilst playing, when I click play now it takes me to the microsoft store to install Gaming services, which it also says is already installed...Tried using powershell to uninstall it. As well as a bunch of other stuff.Is microsofts...
  10. Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Gaming Services keeps trying to view Norton's Files: Recently I have been getting kicked from a minecraft realm and sea of thieves servers and when I went to investigate. I was told to check my firewall which is operated by norton. I check norton nothing seemed off till I opened the security history. Microsoft Gaming Services...