Windows 10: Microsoft giftcard only 9 digits long, can't redeem

Discus and support Microsoft giftcard only 9 digits long, can't redeem in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to redeem an old giftcard that I received with an online order in 2014 . Unfortunately it does not work because it is not 25 digits... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CMilena, Nov 5, 2018.

1. CMilena Win User

Microsoft giftcard only 9 digits long, can't redeem

Hello,

I'm trying to redeem an old giftcard that I received with an online order in 2014 . Unfortunately it does not work because it is not 25 digits long. How do I redeem it? It's 9 digits long.

I have not used it before and in the order confirmation email is stated that it is meant for online use. The code provided in the email matches with the code on the website as shown in the image below.

Translated to English:

'Thank you for your purchase. To thank you in particular, we give you a gift voucher of € 25, which you can spend in the online Microsoft Store. Then enter this code with your next online purchase.'

Microsoft giftcard only 9 digits long, can't redeem d46b6a1e-465b-40cb-9c1c-d8bc15c3ab86?upload=true.jpg

:)

CMilena, Nov 5, 2018
  2. CMilena Win User

Hello,

I'm trying to redeem an old giftcard that I received with an online order in 2014 . Unfortunately it does not work because it is not 25 digits long. How do I redeem it? It's 9 digits long.

I have not used it before and in the order confirmation email is stated that it is meant for online use. The code provided in the email matches with the code on the website as shown in the image below.

Translated to English:

'Thank you for your purchase. To thank you in particular, we give you a gift voucher of € 25, which you can spend in the online Microsoft Store. Then enter this code with your next online purchase.'

Microsoft giftcard only 9 digits long, can't redeem d46b6a1e-465b-40cb-9c1c-d8bc15c3ab86?upload=true.jpg

CMilena, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Darkstyrm Win User
    Redeeming a 9-digit store promo code

I am trying to redeem a 9-digit promo code that I was given that "can be used on anything in our Microsoft Online Store". I am having trouble finding where it should be redeemed at. Everything I see wants a 25-digit gift card code.

Does anyone know where I can go to redeem this code?

Thanks!

Original title: 9-digit store promo code

Darkstyrm, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Kylexv Win User

Redeeming a 9-digit store promo code

This whole process is silly. I was sent an email with a $10 code from a previous purchase. The email sends me to a place that requires a 25 digit code to redeem it. The email has a 9 digit code. Then when I try to enter to code at checkout on Microsoft store,
    it says invalid. There is no place to enter this code on the XBOX store. Why is there 2 stores with 2 different checkout processes? Why send people from a rep at 1 store to a rep at another store? I buy XBOX products on Microsoft store and then get a gift
    code for the purchase of XBOX products, CAN'T USE CODE ON XBOX STORE. Great. Job. Email included below.

"Dear Microsoft Customer,

Thank you for purchasing a game from Microsoft online store.

Here is your $10 Xbox gift code:

How to redeem your $10 Xbox gift card:

Thanks for shopping at the Microsoft online store."

EXPLAIN THIS!

Kylexv, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft giftcard only 9 digits long, can't redeem - Similar Threads - Microsoft giftcard digits

2. my pin code is only 16 digits long on my gift card how do i redeem it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pin code is only 16 digits long on my gift card how do i redeem it?: i have a older microsoft store gift card and it has only 16 digits for the pin not 25 . how do i use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-code-is-only-16-digits-long-on-my-gift-card/325b7e08-9cfb-44e4-acc0-375826021264
  3. my pin code is only 16 digits long on my gift card how do i redeem it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pin code is only 16 digits long on my gift card how do i redeem it?: i have a older microsoft store gift card and it has only 16 digits for the pin not 25 . how do i use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-code-is-only-16-digits-long-on-my-gift-card/325b7e08-9cfb-44e4-acc0-375826021264
  4. giftcard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    giftcard: i put a gift card on my other account on accident and i was seeing if i could get the money taken off of that account and put onto this xbox account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/giftcard/6372109e-06b8-42ce-8f94-a7c971491fc6
  5. giftcard

giftcard: i put a gift card on my other account on accident and i was seeing if i could get the money taken off of that account and put onto this xbox account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/giftcard/6372109e-06b8-42ce-8f94-a7c971491fc6
  6. Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor: I want to buy something from the Microsoft store but it won't let me. I've been told I needed to be added to a Microsoft family group by a parent and have them enable my spending. However, I have only read about parents being to put credits/money into their child's account...
  7. Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor: I want to buy something from the Microsoft store but it won't let me. I've been told I needed to be added to a Microsoft family group by a parent and have them enable my spending. However, I have only read about parents being to put credits/money into their child's account...
  8. Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

9. Redeeming my Giftcard

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Redeeming my Giftcard: When I go to the store, type in the code and click redeem, it says there was a problem on their end. I have a feeling it is something I did but I do not know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redeeming-my-giftcard/0983c37c-2b16-45a0-963c-0c77a0ec427e
  10. Can't redeem a gift card - 24 digits

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't redeem a gift card - 24 digits: I have a Microsoft gift card with 24 digits. The Card # is 19 Digits and the Activate#, the one with the barcode, is 24 digits. This is a blue card on the front. However the redeem page asks for a 25 digit code. I'm going nuts. Any answers....