Windows 10: Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

Discus and support Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Call it amnesty. Call it common sense. Call it whatever you want, but Microsoft's decision to upgrade all Windows users in China to Windows 10, even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China - TechRepublic

:)

Borg 386, Mar 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Maps China

Feels like another Microsoft China **** up similar to what happened in 2012 with Windows phone 7 and where some mid-level manager decided to interpret the local rules according to their understanding and blocked access to many applications.

In this case the Chinese regulations only require China maps to be stored on a server in China and there is no legitimate reason not to give non-china purchased devices access to the offline maps of China.

anonymous-two, Mar 22, 2015
  3. E71- Black Edition

they should not be really charging you extra for it but theres no law to stop them either

also the black version is not from china or just destined for china

techbuzzireland, Mar 22, 2015
  4. Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

What sort of message does that send.

WightWalker, Mar 22, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    None at all as far as I can see. Confusion perhaps. Or needing to write an article when you've actually nothing to say.

adamf, Mar 22, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Microsoft's Windows 10 is free for pirates? The bait-and-switch

Microsoft's Windows 10 is free for pirates? The bait-and-switch - TechRepublic

Borg 386, Mar 24, 2015
  7. Then, why just China? Like forever, people in Eastern Europe have said "we don' buy no stinkin' software!".

Pirated copies of OS's and Software have been pouring out of Europe for years, like a river at flood stage.

Just not getting updates has not even slowed the flood. Most users don't care about updates anyway.

Jus sayin'

*Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 26, 2015
  8. Vladimir Win User

Because they never pay for software anyway... I guess.

Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China [​IMG]

Vladimir, Mar 26, 2015
  9. adamf Win User
    Any particular part of Europe you want to have a go at or are we all thieves? Jus 'askin as I may have missed the flood *Cool

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Wow! 75% of Windows OSs in China are pirated. With a population of 1.35 billion, I wonder what the real figure is. It must be quite high.

Pirating actually keeps the cost of software down, but where is the fine line when enough is enough?

I think the "Hook 'em" and then "Shut 'em down" sounds like the best tactic.

Tony K, Mar 26, 2015
  11. tinmar49 Win User
    I had a beautifully produced W7 ULT from the good old US of A which Microsoft kindly exchanged for a real one.

tinmar49, Mar 27, 2015
  12. Charlie Win User
    At what price would a pirate by software from MS? Would buying it for a buck or two be something that could happen or is it a privacy thing?

Charlie, Mar 27, 2015
  13. Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

Am I dreaming ?

*What*What

Fahadking07, Mar 27, 2015
  14. Tony K Win User
    I think overall it’s to address this:

Source

Tony K, Mar 28, 2015
  15. Something I don't really understand and it includes all Microsoft operating systems.

Take a tally of your computer dollar wise on how much you hardware or other programs like photo editing, Microsoft Office ect. cost.
    The Windows operating system does more than all those things do. Your computer isn't a computer without a operating system. They really don't cost that much for what they do. Yet that is the first thing people try to steal.
    For some reason that I do not understand people seem to think that 3 drunk goats in a couple of days can create a operating system so it should be free even if they have to steal it.

They are satisified with a second or third class install of a counterfeit Windows operating system rather than spend $100.00 for a proper install and activation.

I just don't get it.

Layback Bear, Mar 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China - Similar Threads - Microsoft charging China

2. Microsoft Dial UP charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Dial UP charges: I have been paying for Microsoft Dial Up since 1997. What happens if I cancel? Do I lose EDGE or Outlook? With many other platforms free, why should I continue to pay Microsoft? I also have 365 Office, and I do enjoy EDGE and BING. Thanks, Jerry....
  3. Microsoft Dial UP charges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Dial UP charges: I have been paying for Microsoft Dial Up since 1997. What happens if I cancel? Do I lose EDGE or Outlook? With many other platforms free, why should I continue to pay Microsoft? I also have 365 Office, and I do enjoy EDGE and BING. Thanks, Jerry....
  4. Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt: I use to like this simple game, but it is so badly design. For example 2 out of 3 times when you go into the extra level, once you finish it will kick you to the beginning of the level your in and you have to complete the level all over again, sometime it will do this two or...
  5. Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt: I use to like this simple game, but it is so badly design. For example 2 out of 3 times when you go into the extra level, once you finish it will kick you to the beginning of the level your in and you have to complete the level all over again, sometime it will do this two or...
  6. Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!: 2 Years ago I wrote an article about how with every Windows 10 feature update Microsoft tends to trim out essential features than rather add new ones that it kind of feels like they are on a downgrade mission to reach how it was back with Windows 95 (Source : Here) Now 2...
  7. Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!: 2 Years ago I wrote an article about how with every Windows 10 feature update Microsoft tends to trim out essential features than rather add new ones that it kind of feels like they are on a downgrade mission to reach how it was back with Windows 95 (Source : Here) Now 2...
  8. Windows 10 China

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 China: I have purchased a HP i3 desktop computer (no DVD drive) which has a Chinese version of Windows 10 Home. It won't allow me to change the language in settings which is apparently common. Can I upgrade to the English Pro version online or can I simply purchase a new English...
  9. Microsoft gives up on Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives up on Windows 10 Mobile: Microsoft appears to have abandoned its smartphone operating system ambitions. The company's Windows 10 chief has tweeted that developing new features and hardware for the Mobile version of the OS was no longer a "focus". Joe Belfiore added that he had also switched to...
  10. Giving up on Windows!

in Windows 10 Support
    Giving up on Windows!: I've been a reluctant Windows user for as long as I can remember. What's the definition of a mouse? It's an elephant running Windows! I upgraded to Windows 10 last year and it took forever - how can it take so long to update? I could have calculated several moonshots in that...