Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

Discus and support Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Call it amnesty. Call it common sense. Call it whatever you want, but Microsoft's decision to upgrade all Windows users in China to Windows 10, even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China - TechRepublic

:)

Borg 386, Mar 23, 2015
  2. anonymous-two Win User

Windows 10 Maps China

Feels like another Microsoft China **** up similar to what happened in 2012 with Windows phone 7 and where some mid-level manager decided to interpret the local rules according to their understanding and blocked access to many applications.

In this case the Chinese regulations only require China maps to be stored on a server in China and there is no legitimate reason not to give non-china purchased devices access to the offline maps of China.

anonymous-two, Mar 23, 2015
  3. techbuzzireland Win User
    E71- Black Edition

they should not be really charging you extra for it but theres no law to stop them either

also the black version is not from china or just destined for china

techbuzzireland, Mar 23, 2015
  4. WightWalker Win User

What sort of message does that send.

WightWalker, Mar 23, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    None at all as far as I can see. Confusion perhaps. Or needing to write an article when you've actually nothing to say.

adamf, Mar 23, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Microsoft's Windows 10 is free for pirates? The bait-and-switch

Microsoft's Windows 10 is free for pirates? The bait-and-switch - TechRepublic

Borg 386, Mar 25, 2015
  7. TechnoMage Win User
    Then, why just China? Like forever, people in Eastern Europe have said "we don' buy no stinkin' software!".

Pirated copies of OS's and Software have been pouring out of Europe for years, like a river at flood stage.

Just not getting updates has not even slowed the flood. Most users don't care about updates anyway.

Jus sayin'

*Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 27, 2015
  8. Vladimir Win User

Because they never pay for software anyway... I guess.

[​IMG]

Vladimir, Mar 27, 2015
  9. adamf Win User
    Any particular part of Europe you want to have a go at or are we all thieves? Jus 'askin as I may have missed the flood *Cool

adamf, Mar 27, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Wow! 75% of Windows OSs in China are pirated. With a population of 1.35 billion, I wonder what the real figure is. It must be quite high.

Pirating actually keeps the cost of software down, but where is the fine line when enough is enough?

I think the "Hook 'em" and then "Shut 'em down" sounds like the best tactic.

Tony K, Mar 27, 2015
  11. tinmar49 Win User
    I had a beautifully produced W7 ULT from the good old US of A which Microsoft kindly exchanged for a real one.

tinmar49, Mar 28, 2015
  12. Charlie Win User
    At what price would a pirate by software from MS? Would buying it for a buck or two be something that could happen or is it a privacy thing?

Charlie, Mar 28, 2015
  13. Fahadking07 Win User

Am I dreaming ?

*What*What

Fahadking07, Mar 28, 2015
  14. Tony K Win User
    I think overall it’s to address this:

Source

Tony K, Mar 28, 2015
  15. Layback Bear Win User
    Something I don't really understand and it includes all Microsoft operating systems.

Take a tally of your computer dollar wise on how much you hardware or other programs like photo editing, Microsoft Office ect. cost.
    The Windows operating system does more than all those things do. Your computer isn't a computer without a operating system. They really don't cost that much for what they do. Yet that is the first thing people try to steal.
    For some reason that I do not understand people seem to think that 3 drunk goats in a couple of days can create a operating system so it should be free even if they have to steal it.

They are satisified with a second or third class install of a counterfeit Windows operating system rather than spend $100.00 for a proper install and activation.

I just don't get it.

Layback Bear, Mar 30, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China - Similar Threads - Microsoft charging China

Forum Date

Microsoft Rewards Beta now available to all Xbox Insiders

Microsoft Rewards Beta now available to all Xbox Insiders: [ATTACH] The Microsoft Rewards Beta is now available to all Xbox Insiders and in the following additional countries! Australia France Germany Ireland New Zealand Singapore United Kingdom To download the Microsoft Rewards app, open your Xbox Insider Hub and join the beta...
Windows 10 News Saturday at 8:12 PM

CVE-2018-8245 Microsoft Publisher Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

CVE-2018-8245 Microsoft Publisher Remote Code Execution Vulnerability: A remote code execution vulnerability exists when Microsoft Publisher fails to utilize features that lock down the Local Machine zone when instantiating OLE objects. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could force arbitrary code to be executed in the...
Windows 10 News Friday at 11:43 PM

Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803

Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803: Earlier this week, Microsoft released new June 2018 patches for all supported versions of Windows 10 operating system, including the newly released Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803). At that time, the company acknowledged only one issue in a patch for Windows 10...
Windows 10 News Friday at 11:02 PM

New Microsoft Launcher app 4.10 version for Android

New Microsoft Launcher app 4.10 version for Android: With Microsoft Launcher (formerly known as Arrow Launcher), you can personalize your Android device to match your style with wallpapers, theme colors, icon packs and more. With a Microsoft account or work/school account, you can access your calendar, documents, and recent...
Windows 10 News Friday at 9:42 PM

Microsoft Edge Beta for iOS receives new features for iPad users

Microsoft Edge Beta for iOS receives new features for iPad users: Microsoft is working very hard on regularly releasing new features for its Windows 10 default browser Microsoft Edge on both iOS and Android. The company has been regularly pushing out new features on both the rival platforms. Keeping with the same trend the Redmond Giant...
Windows 10 News Friday at 6:32 PM

Microsoft Edge will block auto-playing media in Windows 10 Redstone 5

Microsoft Edge will block auto-playing media in Windows 10 Redstone 5: Microsoft’s Edge browser is way behind in terms of user base. But that isn’t because it is bad. It is because Google Chrome has been here for around 10 years and Edge is just new to the game. Microsoft adds new features to Edge with every major Windows 10 update. One new...
Windows 10 News Friday at 5:02 PM

Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format

Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format: Microsoft remains committed to the Edge browser and the company recently announced that they have started implementing support for Google’s WebP image format in Windows 10’s default browser. Today Microsoft published a new extension in the Store called “WebP Images format”...
Windows 10 News Friday at 10:42 AM
Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China solved