Windows 10: Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

Discus and support Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It's not Just the OS that gets pirated. Just about if not all paid software gets pirated. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

It's not Just the OS that gets pirated. Just about if not all paid software gets pirated.

Winuser, Mar 29, 2015

2. Software is easier to steal than hardware. They pay for what they have to and steal the rest. If people could download a car on bit torrent they would. It's not just Windows, add office and cad came software etc to the list.

alphanumeric, Mar 29, 2015
  3. silv55 Win User
    Look bro a copy of Legit win costs ,full install 200.00 bucks,
    why in the world i have to spend 200.00 bucks if i have a Full Copy of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS for free, and for me that i mostly do Streaming and browsing the web, Linux does better then Win,besides i don't have to spend any extra software to protect Linux,so i get 200%free OPS.

And i almost forgot to say that i can use one copy of Linux on any Computer that i see fit ,not like Win that ties it up to one machine,so if you take that in consideration Win OPS cost not 200.00 but many hundreds more.
    I bet you if Ms sells Win OPS ,20 bucks a piece , MS would make a tone of money and would cut piracy in half

silv55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

1. Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China - Similar Threads - Microsoft charging China

2. Microsoft Dial UP charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Dial UP charges: I have been paying for Microsoft Dial Up since 1997. What happens if I cancel? Do I lose EDGE or Outlook? With many other platforms free, why should I continue to pay Microsoft? I also have 365 Office, and I do enjoy EDGE and BING. Thanks, Jerry....
  3. Microsoft Dial UP charges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Dial UP charges: I have been paying for Microsoft Dial Up since 1997. What happens if I cancel? Do I lose EDGE or Outlook? With many other platforms free, why should I continue to pay Microsoft? I also have 365 Office, and I do enjoy EDGE and BING. Thanks, Jerry....
  4. Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt: I use to like this simple game, but it is so badly design. For example 2 out of 3 times when you go into the extra level, once you finish it will kick you to the beginning of the level your in and you have to complete the level all over again, sometime it will do this two or...
  5. Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt: I use to like this simple game, but it is so badly design. For example 2 out of 3 times when you go into the extra level, once you finish it will kick you to the beginning of the level your in and you have to complete the level all over again, sometime it will do this two or...
  6. Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!: 2 Years ago I wrote an article about how with every Windows 10 feature update Microsoft tends to trim out essential features than rather add new ones that it kind of feels like they are on a downgrade mission to reach how it was back with Windows 95 (Source : Here) Now 2...
  7. Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!: 2 Years ago I wrote an article about how with every Windows 10 feature update Microsoft tends to trim out essential features than rather add new ones that it kind of feels like they are on a downgrade mission to reach how it was back with Windows 95 (Source : Here) Now 2...
  8. Windows 10 China

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 China: I have purchased a HP i3 desktop computer (no DVD drive) which has a Chinese version of Windows 10 Home. It won't allow me to change the language in settings which is apparently common. Can I upgrade to the English Pro version online or can I simply purchase a new English...
  9. Microsoft gives up on Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives up on Windows 10 Mobile: Microsoft appears to have abandoned its smartphone operating system ambitions. The company's Windows 10 chief has tweeted that developing new features and hardware for the Mobile version of the OS was no longer a "focus". Joe Belfiore added that he had also switched to...
  10. Giving up on Windows!

in Windows 10 Support
    Giving up on Windows!: I've been a reluctant Windows user for as long as I can remember. What's the definition of a mouse? It's an elephant running Windows! I upgraded to Windows 10 last year and it took forever - how can it take so long to update? I could have calculated several moonshots in that...