Windows 10: Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips

Discus and support Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Photo courtesy of Getty Images. Microsoft is rolling out updates to its user consent experience for voice data to give customers more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips

Source: https://blogs.microsoft.com/ai/micro...r-voice-clips/

:)

Brink, Jan 18, 2021

2. Voice Clips

Forgot to mention in my previous post...

I have another problem related to voice clips (actually, it's been going on a while, but got more severe when my wife got a replacement T-Mobile Wing). When my wife and I try to chat on Messenger using voice clips (I have an unlocked T-Mobile Dash running
    on another cell network overseas), about 1/3 of the time her voice clip will show up on my phone as text, and the text is the filename of the voice clip on her phone (e.g., "/Application Data/Windows Live/VoiceClip/MVCA563.tmp.wav"). This also sometimes happens
    to my voice clips when sent to her phone. The problem occurred before, even when we were both using T-mobile in the US (though more rarely), but suddenly got worse when she got her replacement Wing. I suspect it's a problem with the EDGE signal cutting out
    or having phase distortion, but it seems to me a software fix could rectify this.

One observation: this isn't a problem when my wife uses her phone to send voice clips to me when I am running Windows Live on my desktop. Also, my phone can send voice clips to my desktop without problems.

I.G. Clapp, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Voice Clips

I have problems sending Messenger voice clips to certain friends. It says their messenger version does not support voice clips.

Anywho, anyone have any ideas? I see it often and in this case, he has the latest version of Windows Messenger LIve.

Deftonesman76, Jan 18, 2021
  4. 7thSense Win User

why user voice not hearing by microsoft ?

User voice is monitored and used by Microsoft. It is the official site for suggestions.

Of course they will not respond to every single suggestion by every single user though.

7thSense, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips - Similar Threads - Microsoft users control

2. Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips: hi fellas,as title says, everyone can hear me fine it picks up my mates in discord but not my own, gone through all of the settings and suggestions, this is with a few mics of which all are wireless. im using the astro a50 wireless,all drivers upto date all relevant settings...
  3. Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar not picking up my voice in clips: hi fellas,as title says, everyone can hear me fine it picks up my mates in discord but not my own, gone through all of the settings and suggestions, this is with a few mics of which all are wireless. im using the astro a50 wireless,all drivers upto date all relevant settings...
  4. Microsoft promises to give users and apps more control over app defaults and pinning in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises to give users and apps more control over app defaults and pinning in Windows: Tired of Microsoft Edge placing multiple icons on the Windows desktop, even after you have just removed them? This and other shenanigans are soon a thing of the past according to Microsoft's announcement on the official Windows blog. In it, Microsoft employees Tali Roth and...
  5. Speech recognition and voice clips security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speech recognition and voice clips security: You want to save and use our voice clips and speech recognition audio for the purpose of helping to make the experience better. You state that no sensitive or personal audio is kept or used outside of Microsoft. What do you do with audio that happens to insinuate a type of...
  6. Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?: so in the past when i clipped the last minute it would record my own voice too but right now when i try to clip it doesnt record the mic even if i was talking and even when the mic was turned on, any help to get it to record my mic when clipping? submitted by...
  7. Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start or Stop Contributing Voice Clips to Microsoft in Windows 10: Voice clips are audio recordings of what you say when you use your voice to interact with Microsoft products and services. When you use your voice to interact with Microsoft products, Microsoft speech recognition technology automatically generates the audio of what you say...
  8. control pc with voice NOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control pc with voice NOT: Speech to text issue. Having spent 18 months trying to find a cure for an issue with speech recognition on windows 10 pro. V 1809 Build 17763.379 I have reached an impasse. A wall. I'm stuck. Some conflict between motherboard and software is preventing me from utilizing...
  9. Voice Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Control: Hey TenForums, Hydra here. My PCIe RAID-0 Dual SSD finally croacked (only a month out of warranty.. go figure). Lost my Linux OS and a couple of custom pieces of software I wrote/modified. Your guess is as good as mine why I didn't have my RAID-0 SSD entirely backed up....
  10. Restricting User control over power settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restricting User control over power settings: I asked this in General Support, but up to now no one has offered a solution. Maybe it's not possible. *Sad I need to prevent standard users, or users individually if necessary, from changing the power settings on their computers. Is this possible? 59347