Windows 10: Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way

Discus and support Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When you upgrade a Windows 10 machine to Windows 11, you have 10 days to uninstall Windows 11 and go back to the previous version of Windows. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 12, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way

When you upgrade a Windows 10 machine to Windows 11, you have 10 days to uninstall Windows 11 and go back to the previous version of Windows.

The grace period may be smaller even, if you happen to delete the previous installation of Windows using the Disk Cleanup Tool. If you run it right after the upgrade to Windows 11, you cannot use built-in tools to rollback and restore Windows 10.

10 Days may look like a long period, but it depends on how you use the operating system. Users who want to go back to Windows 10 may run into all kinds of issues, from poor performance and incompatible apps to crashes or aesthetics.

How to go back to Windows 10 after installing Windows 11

It should be clear that you can only uninstall Windows 11 if there is an older version of Windows available. Since you can only upgrade directly from Windows 10, it needs to be Windows 10. You can't rollback if you installed Windows 11 from scratch or use a preconfigured system that comes with a PC that you bought.

Microsoft confirms on the Windows 11 FAQ page that you can rollback 10 days after installation:

Yes. After you have installed the Windows 11 upgrade, there is a 10-day period where you can move back to Windows 10 while keeping files and data that you brought along with you. After the 10 days, you will need to back up your data and do a “clean install” to move back to Windows 10.

The only option after the grace period expires is to do a clean install.

Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way Settings-System-Recovery.jpg

Here is how you do so on Windows 11 in the first 10 days after upgrading to the system:

1. Go to Start > Settings.
    2. Select System > Recovery
    3. Pick "Go back" on the page.
    4. Follow the instructions.

Note that Go back is not selectable anymore if 10 days have passed since the upgrade to Windows 11. The description states then the following: "This option is no longer available on this PC".

Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way Windows-11-Settings-System-Recovery-Options.jpg

The usual options to reset the PC are also available, but this won't restore the previous version of Windows.

Do this instead if you want a reliable downgrade option

Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way paragon-backup-recovery-free.png

The only viable option is to create a system backup prior to upgrading to Windows 11. You need enough storage space to store the backup and a capable software program, but can go back anytime you want then and not only in the first ten days.

There are plenty of free backup solutions available for Windows 10 to create a system backup. I prefer Paragon Backup & Recovery Free, but you may also use programs such as Macrium Reflect.

The programs are easy to use and will create a full backup of the system. To rollback, just restore a previously created backup using the backup software or its recovery tool.

Now You: did you go back to a previous version of Windows in the past after an upgrade?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 12, 2021

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Jborg Win User
    Microsoft Gives Windows 10 a Major Performance Boost

Windows 7 for me already boots completely in under 10 seconds....

Jborg, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft gives you 10 days to go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: here is a better way - Similar Threads - Microsoft days here

2. Windows 10 activation status after going back from 11 after 10 day window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation status after going back from 11 after 10 day window: i bought my laptop when i did, and have stayed on 10, because of the mandatory Secure Boot for Windows 11 since dual boot is important for my needs. my question is, if i go beyond the built-in option's time limit for going back to Windows 11 and reinstall 10 using the...
  3. Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11: My Laptop automatically updated to Windows 11 - I DID NOT EXECUTE THE START UP!! - when I try to go back to Windows 10 -thru the settings - the GO BACK is gray! It has been only 1 day - NOT the 10 day period!! All the information I had on Windows 10 did not populate into 11!!...
  4. Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go back to windows 10, from WINDOWS 11: My Laptop automatically updated to Windows 11 - I DID NOT EXECUTE THE START UP!! - when I try to go back to Windows 10 -thru the settings - the GO BACK is gray! It has been only 1 day - NOT the 10 day period!! All the information I had on Windows 10 did not populate into 11!!...
  5. Go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: I have a new computer which came with Windows 11. I would like to go back to Windows 10 but I can't find a way to go back without uninstalling and starting from scratch. I'm not really tech savvy so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.Eszter...
  6. Go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11

Go back to Windows 10 from Windows 11: I have a new computer which came with Windows 11. I would like to go back to Windows 10 but I can't find a way to go back without uninstalling and starting from scratch. I'm not really tech savvy so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.Eszter...
  7. going back to windows 10 from windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    going back to windows 10 from windows 11.: hello, i recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 but i do not like windows 11 and i would like to go back. i looked online and saw the microsoft community tutorial but when i went to settings and did all of the stuff and the go back icon was greyed out and said 'this...
  8. going back to windows 10 from windows 11.

going back to windows 10 from windows 11.: hello, i recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 but i do not like windows 11 and i would like to go back. i looked online and saw the microsoft community tutorial but when i went to settings and did all of the stuff and the go back icon was greyed out and said 'this...
  9. Going back from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going back from windows 11 to 10: While going back from windows 11 to windows 10 it's showing this message from more than 3 hours. Can anyone please tell me how much time it will take or what should do if it keeps rolling ?...
  10. Going back from windows 11 to 10

Going back from windows 11 to 10: While going back from windows 11 to windows 10 it's showing this message from more than 3 hours. Can anyone please tell me how much time it will take or what should do if it keeps rolling ?...