Windows 10: Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 29, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser.

Google is working on a new update for Chrome on Windows 10 and macOS that will add the dark theme to almost every corner.

The update will apply a dark theme to more elements including the scrollbars.

Previously scrollbars always appeared light, even if a WebUI page was otherwise respecting dark mode. The upcoming “FormControlsDarkMode” feature allows webpages to specify whether scrollbars should follow the system’s theme.

In a new commit, Google said that it’s now updating WebUIs with complete support for dark mode. The feature is already live in Chrome Canary and you can test it by adding the following code to the command line:

• –enable-features=WebUIDarkMode,CSSColorSchemeUARendering
    • –force-dark-mode

Google is also updating all internal pages of the browser with support for dark mode on the scrollbar. This includes settings, bookmarks, a history page, new tab page, and PDF printing screen.

Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 Chrome-dark-mode.jpg

Unfortunately, YouTube still won’t get a dark scrollbar, but Chrome engineers are already in touch with the YouTube team to fix the dark mode on Windows 10.

As we mentioned at the outset, Microsoft is also helping Google with dark mode improvements for Chrome. For instance, the company fixed an issue where the scrollbars on the page maintain their old colour scheme even when Windows 10’s theme preference is changed.

The new design should go live with Chrome 88 next year and it might go through a few changes before it’s added to the stable version.

Google also appears to be working on another update that will apply a dark theme to search results when the browser is in dark mode.

In addition, Google Chrome is expected to receive new scrolling improvements next year as part of a new project developed by Microsoft.

The post Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Google are

2. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  3. Dark mode improvements in 21H1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode improvements in 21H1?: I was looking at the new features for 21H1, and it they seem limited to these three: Windows Hello multicamera support to set the default as the external camera when both external and internal Windows Hello cameras are present. Windows Defender Application Guard performance...
  4. Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome: Hey all, so I tried out the new Dark Mode in Windows 10, didn't like it much. When I tried to switch back to light mode, everything else goes back to normal except for Google Chrome. Certain websites aren't going to light mode and really messing up the content display on the...
  5. Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge: Last year, Microsoft said it was moving away from the default spell checking feature in open-source Chromium and Edge was updated with the new Windows Spellcheck API. This was also added to Google Chrome as an optional feature and it’s obviously limited to Windows 10....
  6. Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements: Chromium-based web browsers – Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome – can now run smoothly on Windows 10 when antivirus tools are activated, thanks to a new Chromium update. According to Google engineer Bruce Dawson, certain browser functions may not work properly when your...
  7. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  8. Microsoft Edge Dev for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Dev for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements: Microsoft Edge Dev Build 77.0.197.1 is now available with improvements and fixes. The update brings dark theme to pages like Settings, History, Downloads and others. The update also adds a new option that would show icon for individual favourites on the favourites bar. More...
  9. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  10. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...