Windows 10: Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

Discus and support Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ADV190024 | Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Security Advisory Published: 11/12/2019 Executive Summary This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV190024

How to Check if Windows PC has a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip

:)

Brink, Nov 12, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Phil7788 Win User
    TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue

After updating to windows 10 version 1803 this comes up after I log in. A configuration change was requested to clean this computers TPM( trusted platform module). Warning clearing erases information started on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access data encryption by these keys.
    Press F12 to clear the TPM
    Press ESC to reject and continue.
    I have done this numerous times on every restart.
    I go into windows defender to view security dashboard to view device settings to security processor to ignore the request for the TPM and it is fixed but again when I restart to asked the same question over and over.

A configuration change was requested to clean this computers TPM( trusted platform module). Warning clearing erases information started on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access data encryption by these keys.
    Press F12 to clear the TPM
    Press ESC to reject and continue.

TPM Device Information

-TPM Present: True
    -TPM Version: 2.0
    -TPM Manufacturer ID:
    -TPM Manufacturer Version: 0.0.0.0
    -PPI Spec Version: 1.2
    -Ready For Storage: False
    -Ready For Attestation: False
    -Information Flags: 0x0000000E
    -Is Capable For Attestation: False
    -Clear Needed To Recover: True
    -TPM Has Vulnerable FW: False
    -PCR7 Binding State: 0
    -TPM Spec Version 0
    -TPM Errata Date:
    -PC Client Version: 0

Phil7788, Nov 12, 2019
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Verify Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip on Windows PC

Something I came across not long ago, is Firmware-based Trusted Platform Modules (fTPM). Whereas before in order to take advantage of a TPM you needed to have a physical TPM chip soldered to the motherboard, that seems to have changed at some point. You can now have either a Discrete TPM (Physical chip) or Firmware-based TPM.

As per THIS article, fTPM is acknowledged by the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) as a perfectly valid form of TPM and seems to perform much the same functions as a physical TPM. For Intel, their fTPM is called Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT). I don't know what chips/motherboards/BIOS support PTT, however due to it being Firmware based (as the name suggests) and not requiring a separate physical chip, it means for some devices it's possible to retrospectively add a TPM to devices that didn't have one before.

Looking through the Intel NUC list, it's not just 6th gen Skylake NUC's that it's supported on, but also 5th gen Broadwell NUC's and 4th gen Haswell NUC's too. So if you have a NUC and you have the latest BIOS, then the chances are you have a TPM 2.0 module even if you didn't think you did. You just need to enable 'Intel Platform Trust Technology' in BIOS. As previously mentioned, I don't know what other manufacturers support/will support fTPM too.

The Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) setting in Intel VisualBIOS:

Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) [​IMG]

With Intel PTT on in BIOS, Device Manager and tpm.msc show a TPM 2.0 module installed.

ARC1020, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Guidance Vulnerability

2. Trusted Platform Module TPM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trusted Platform Module TPM: Hello, I have a TPM in my system which is for hardware security i want to know that am i gonna lose all of my data if at all the TPM Chip fails.. pls advice on thisThanks...
  3. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I am on a Windows 10 PC. I reset my PC and this shows up and I can't press or do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/b4e4e7de-af20-4978-bb4c-97404187bed1
  4. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I reset my computer and this showed up, but I can't do anything or press anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/8f2891ce-04a0-4194-abbc-2d21aa6de826
  5. Initialisation of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Initialisation of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) failed: When I booted the laptop yesterday I was no longer able to login using my windows pin. I had to login using the password, can't get the pin to work again. In event viewer under windows logs>system have continuously: event ID 27 'The initialisation of the Trusted Platform...
  6. Initialisation of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Initialisation of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) failed: When I booted the laptop yesterday I was no longer able to login using my windows pin. I had to login using the password, can't get the pin to work again. In event viewer under windows logs>system have continuously: event ID 27 'The initialisation of the Trusted Platform...
  7. trusted platform module (tpm)

trusted platform module (tpm): windows defender is showing error msgunder security processor troubleshooting can't get tpm information please contact your system contact you device manufacturer. please help me on this . I am unable to use tpm functions in tpm.msc module. how to get it back....
  8. Trusted Platform Module

Trusted Platform Module: I have received a message to update or clear and update the TPM. It tells me to ensure I have done a backup. Is this REALLY necessary? To do a COMPLETE PC BACKUP in case this causes data loss? Surely, SURELY, MS can do these things without the potential compromise of...
  9. TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue

TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue: After updating to windows 10 version 1803 this comes up after I log in. A configuration change was requested to clean this computers TPM( trusted platform module). Warning clearing erases information started on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access data...
  10. Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Platform Module (TPM): I just installed windows 10-1511 on my pc en it works perfect.Verry happy with it. But soon there will be come the anniversary update of windows 10.My motherboard supports TPM 1.0 but not TPM 2.0. For the anniversary update you need TPM 2.0.Does this mean that my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft tpm latitude

2. TPM chip change microsoft vulnerability

3. adv190024